DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Platinum Paint Color / Code?

tmiller

Reactions
Has anyone had any luck finding the correct paint color / code to get some touch-up paint? I purchased some replacement front legs and they sent me the Pro (gray) ones so, I'm looking for the correct spray paint to match the Platinum color.

Thank!

They don't have the Platinum parts? If they do, can you able to return it?

They don't have the Platinum parts? If they do, can you able to return it?
They said they were out of the platinum and only had the pro and they refunded 50% of the purchase price because of their error. I figured it would be easier to find the correct paint color

Try doing a search in Google... If that doesn't work then I will ended up calling DJI customer service and ask them for the color code.

Try doing a search in Google... If that doesn't work then I will ended up calling DJI customer service and ask them for the color code.
I've searched google with every possible word combo with no luck and have an email in to DJI. We'll see if they answer. Looks like I'll have to take it to the paint store and see if they can computer match it.

Possibly you give a local hardware store a try. Normally, they have color cards to browse through and you just have to hold them next to your drone to find the matching color.

If they don‘t have the right color in stock, they can mix it?

Reactions: tmiller
Success! Went to my local automotive paint store, did some comparisons and decided on 902554 Mercedes Cubanitsilber Pewter. It is slightly more glossy than the MPP but not enough to be distracting or really noticeable. I used it on the replacement front legs, if touching up mid body it may be more noticeable but I haven't found anyone else posting anything so here ya go...good luck!

Just received DJI's reply to my email inquiry:

"Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Regarding your question if we can provide the paint color as well as the code, with much regret, we don't have that information available as we don't encourage our customers to paint their drone themselves as it may affect/interfere the signal transmission of the aircraft. It may also void warranty in some cases.

If in any case the scratch on the aircraft is somehow big and you want it fixed, you may send in your aircraft to one of our repair centers so that the touch-up paint can be done.

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a nice day."

I've tried a Ford touch up kit ... Platinum - 1 775 486
It's the right colour, but has too much metallic fleck in it ... It's OK for running a very thin stripe along a scratch, but if you paint an area, it shows.

Reactions: caleb1
With all the respect to who have started this thread, but I do not understand the point to "touch up" a scratch on a leg of a drone. It's a working tool or just a model that fly around for fun teaking shoot of something.

With all the respect to who have started this thread, but I do not understand the point to "touch up" a scratch on a leg of a drone. It's a working tool or just a model that fly around for fun teaking shoot of something.
My initial post explained that I ordered replacement front legs and they sent me the Pro (dark gray) not the Platinum (silver/platinum) color. I was simply looking for a color to use to make them match better.

Reactions: Colorado_Dave
Every one to their own Ivan ... I got my Mavic second hand and therefore the scratches & dents don't mean anything to me ... It's different if you know what tree it was and when ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU