DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro prop guards

Bobdudeman

Reactions
Anyone use the prop cages and how are they. I'm looking for guards for my mavic pro. Any suggestions or any for sale on here? Thanks everyone

I have the DJI prop guards, which aren't the full cages.
They deflect the drone off a wall fine, tested on the first and only flight with them fitted.
I bought them thinking I'd use them in low forest etc, but in reality fly generally higher above those dangers.

No longer available here at the DJI store, maybe other places like the US or other resellers with obsolete stock.

The prop cages are fully enclosed, and would prevent human injury, probably save the flight if you softly touched down on some vegetation, etc.
Keep in mind, if you get the cages, you also need the 7728 propeller cage props to go with it, sold separately **.

** EDIT - Just found the cages include 3 pairs of the 7728 props, so separate purchases is not required.

We can still get the full cages here in Australia, probably very limited stock now they are no longer made by DJI.
Keep in mind AUD pricing, ~US$191.

LINK > https://www.ja-gps.com.au/DJI/mavic-propeller-cage/

And the props . . .

Prop guards won't affect flight times too much, while the cages will.

Last edited:
I have been flying a Mavic Pro for over 2 years commercially (yes, I'm Part 107) and I NEVER fly without Prop Guards on. Our company policy requires it and I helped develop the guidelines.
IMPORTANT: When you install them, go into settings and switch prop guards; On.
I was going to do a quick low altitude test one day after some configs and I lifted off without the guards on.
The drone started rapidly oscillating/wobbling - and I remembered that I needed to change the setting or install the guards. I am using 3-blade carbon fiber props. A bit quieter and maybe a bit better performance.
The guards may protect a person from the blades or protect the blades form damage if I ever bump into an object.
Here's the DJI OEM guards I use: https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic-Propeller-Guard-doesnt/dp/B06X942HFF

I have been flying a Mavic Pro for over 2 years commercially (yes, I'm Part 107) and I NEVER fly without Prop Guards on. Our company policy requires it and I helped develop the guidelines.
I was going to do a quick low altitude test one day after some configs and I lifted off without the guards on.
The drone started rapidly oscillating/wobbling - and I remembered that I needed to change the setting or install the guards. I am using 3-blade carbon fiber props. A bit quieter and maybe a bit better performance.
The guards may protect a person from the blades or protect the blades form damage if I ever bump into an object.
Here's the DJI OEM guards I use: https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic-Propeller-Guard-doesnt/dp/B06X942HFF

Hi Len,
The prop cage setting is for the full cages and special 7728 props, not the plain prop guards.
Those Amazon ones look like genuine DJI guards (same as mine) and definitely don’t need the switch to cages option turned on.
This is only for heavier cages and much shorter (and noisier) 7728 props.

Hi Len,
The prop cage setting is for the full cages and special 7728 props, not the plain prop guards.
Those Amazon ones look like genuine DJI guards (same as mine) and definitely don’t need the switch to cages option turned on.
This is only for heavier cages and much shorter (and noisier) 7728 props.
I believe that you believe what you said.
However, I CANNOT fly with the guard switch on and the guards off - PERIOD.
There's evidently some variable here that you are not aware of.

I believe that you believe what you said.
However, I CANNOT fly with the guard switch on and the guards off - PERIOD.
There's evidently some variable here that you are not aware of.

I agree with the above, you're totally correct there.
If you fly without cages (or guards), you must have the switch for the cages off.

What I mentioned was regarding this .. .. ..

I NEVER fly without Prop Guards on. Our company policy requires it and I helped develop the guidelines.

It is not a toggle for prop guards, only full cages.

If you fly with guards, you SHOULDN'T turn on the prop cages button, that is only needed for cages, the very heavy full enclosed type, that need the special shorter props.

Flying with the plain guards the toggle is left off.

There are masses of posts on this here and on the DJI forum, all confirm toggle on for full cages / 7728 props.

I think it slows down a lot of flight parameters too, but mainly helps manage the greatly increased rpms those short props run.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143