DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro propellers

CaptainMavic

Reactions
I am considering purchasing some new propellers for my Mavic Pro. Are the Master Air Screw propellers that much better than the Dji 8331f to justify the additional cost? Are they better in performance, noise, and battery life? Just looking for your opinion from someone who has used them. I am somewhat drawn to them as they are made in the USA. Thanks in advance!

There are many that really like them, and I’m sure they will speak up. For me, I could never find the advantage over OEM.

Reactions: old man mavic
Cost is a factor, can get OE DJI blades from Amazon at a decent price. AliExpress has cheapo blades for $2! Yeah, I’m going to trust my $1500 drone to not drop out of the sky with two dollar props! The MAS company has been around for like 40 years making RC plane props, so they must know what they are doing.

The only real advantages of the MAS props are colors and sound. They work just fine but if sound and color are not priorities, get the OEMs.

I’ve seen claims that MAS props are also slightly more efficient than OEMs and therefore provide slightly better battery life. I have no idea if that’s true, but, if so, I would imagine that the difference is probably negligible.

I have heard of those possible improvements, but I don’t know if it justifies the additional cost. I may have to get on the MAS website to see what they say about the propellers.

I am considering purchasing some new propellers for my Mavic Pro. Are the Master Air Screw propellers that much better than the Dji 8331f to justify the additional cost? Are they better in performance, noise, and battery life? Just looking for your opinion from someone who has used them. I am somewhat drawn to them as they are made in the USA. Thanks in advance!
They are interesting to have in addition to the 8331 props but I probably wouldn’t have just the MAS props.

The MAS props are larger and have a much higher prop pitch, more aggressive angle, so it requires fewer rotations to get the same amount of lift. On the original Mavic Pro it made a difference in the noise level but on the Mavic Pro Platinum I didn’t think they made any difference in noise. I think the 8331 props were just highly engineered for the Platinum they are hard to beat noise wise. It’s already so quiet too.

I personally found that the MAS props performed much better than the 8331 props in still air, could go faster using the same amount of power but in gusty or windy conditions I think the 8331 props are better. My theory on this is that because the MAS props are larger and have a higher prop pitch they don’t spin as fast which is the point but it’s harder for the drone to change the speed of rotation of the props as quickly with the larger, heavier, more aggressive props. The MAS props make the drone fly a little bit like a larger more powerful drone. It’s subtle but it’s there.

It’s interesting but not better in all ways kind of thing.

Reactions: Wade L.
The OEM 8330 props are fine, the 8331 props a step up (down) in noise reduction.

Don't depend on anything to noticeably increase flight times, you simply can't get a discernible difference with individual flights and how several factors can cause variations.

I've used the 8330 M1P props as it came with for maybe 6 months, switched to the 8331 MPP props for maybe a further two years, then switched to the MAS Stealth ever since.
I find them just incredibly quieter, a step further noticeable to the 8331 props.

If attracting less attention is beneficial, then use the MAS Stealth, or even the 8331 MPP props, both are quieter.

I've posted this before in one or two of the many prop threads . . .

Reactions: Ted B and Wade L.
Thanks for creating such a great video. The sound levels are evident and there is also a noticeable tone (pitch) difference. I appreciate the feedback from the experts about this subject. I think I will pick up a set of each to play with and experiment to see what I like. It’s great to have this knowledge shared from around the world!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for creating such a great video. The sound levels are evident and there is also a noticeable tone (pitch) difference. I appreciate the feedback from the experts about this subject. I think I will pick up a set of each to play with and experiment to see what I like. It’s great to have this knowledge shared from around the world!

I enjoyed doing this, had wanted to take the time for maybe a year or more.
Did it on quite a windy day, but the tree shelter did help.

I put the DB info in the YT description, copy / pasted for info directly below . . .

Data on Db levels, taken by iPhone decibel meter app from Devnex.
Distance from M1P 3 feet (approx 91cm), 30 seconds of avg Db reading.
It was quite a windy day, hovering low in scrub was reasonably still for test.
Average ambient Db reading was 50Db.

M1P OEM 8330 props Avg Db reading 72Db Motor RPMs 538
MPP OEM 8331 props Avg Db reading 70Db Motor RPMs 490
MAS Stealth props Avg Db reading 68Db Motor RPMs 465

Reactions: dart106
I just got a set of the Airscrew props and like the lower pitch sound they produce. With limited time on them so far, haven’t noticed a difference in flight time or performance.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I just got a set of the Airscrew props and like the lower pitch sound they produce. With limited time on them so far, haven’t noticed a difference in flight time or performance.

Pretty much my findings, and just love the quieter ops.
I am pretty deaf high tones, but even so, the normal props sound like a worked rotary 4 vehicle motor to me, while the MAS sound like a low rumbling big block :)

Reactions: Ted B
I have the MAS orange props on one of my M1P's. they may or may not be quieter and frankly i have never checked battery life. the orange looks good with my orange wrap. I had purchased some cheap props on amazon that were green for my other M1P (wrapped in green) I flew for a while and when i came it to download the pics to my computer one of the pins popped out and the blade fell off. That could have been catastrophic had that happened in flight. I now use Mavic Pro Platinum on my green one and MAS on the orange one. The lesson here is you get what you pay for

Just ordered the MAS Stealth propellers for my M1P. Can’t wait to get them and fire up the bird. They have a lot of good reviews on here and elsewhere. I don’t trust the other third party props, can’t afford to replace the MP if it falls out of the sky.

Reactions: James G.
To give you a look.

Attachments

• C0E78DCC-F86E-4821-976A-FC34824F668A.jpeg
    C0E78DCC-F86E-4821-976A-FC34824F668A.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • E109B964-1156-4A2F-8761-3BC06D44A0D5_1_201_a.jpeg
    E109B964-1156-4A2F-8761-3BC06D44A0D5_1_201_a.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 12
Nice! The colors match perfectly and they have a more cutting edge look to them. And they make it possible to really personalize your drone. They definitely are more visible than the stock color. This encourages me to get creative with my own.

Just ordered the MAS Stealth propellers for my M1P. Can’t wait to get them and fire up the bird. They have a lot of good reviews on here and elsewhere. I don’t trust the other third party props, can’t afford to replace the MP if it falls out of the sky.
I did buy some cheap aftermarket props. My son and I did a load test on all of them before using by me holding drone and him throttling all the way up for maximum load environment. They passed and I feel they are never going to be under that type of stress for normal flights. I also like MAS and have a few sets of Bower Carbon Fiber props on the way that I am looking forward to try.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga