DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro question

one tear drop of atf it will penetrate just about anything let aloneforan hour or so thrn it over do the other side then take the blade out of the knife put in the grove and dont be so gentle rap it good itll come off be gentle when putting it back together, itsa not doing you any good were it,s at now trust me it is stronger than it looks
@dave canada I ordered a new video cable and when it comes in, I'll try that; I don't have ATF, but I do have some 3-in-1 oil that I could try using. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it works.
IF that works to get the video feed working again, I'll have to go somewhere outside my home area to test fly it, because there's still a TFR for the Crook's Fire (even though the fire's out and they're not flying the tankers or helicopters any more) right over me and covers a good part of the downtown area of the city until May 25th, so my MP's Geofencing won't even let me start the motors here.

@dave canada I ordered a new video cable and when it comes in, I'll try that; I don't have ATF, but I do have some 3-in-1 oil that I could try using. I'll keep everyone posted as to how it works.
IF that works to get the video feed working again, I'll have to go somewhere outside my home area to test fly it, because there's still a TFR for the Crook's Fire (even though the fire's out and they're not flying the tankers or helicopters any more) right over me and covers a good part of the downtown area of the city until May 25th, so my MP's Geofencing won't even let me start the motors here.
I didn,t use the atf I just gave it a good tap , I,m in a place that i can always fly but when i go to alb my girl lives right under the sunport runway path. no limit drones stops that for me with the pro the inspire i had to go in and hack it out, I hope that does the job for you mavic pro is still a great aircraft and with litchi it can do alot i did 3,113,000,ft of video in march with one the other was waiting for cable

I didn,t use the atf I just gave it a good tap , I,m in a place that i can always fly but when i go to alb my girl lives right under the sunport runway path. no limit drones stops that for me with the pro the inspire i had to go in and hack it out, I hope that does the job for you mavic pro is still a great aircraft and with litchi it can do alot i did 3,113,000,ft of video in march with one the other was waiting for cable
I'll try that when I get the new cable in. Hopefully, I won't break anything in the process. <fingers crossed>

I'll try that when I get the new cable in. Hopefully, I won't break anything in the process. <fingers crossed>
lol with all these camera drones looks like a guy could get a picture lol before sunday is over I,ll send you a picture of the cam to relax you abit

I had a camera lens fail, changing the ptz cable didn't help. So there's that possibility that you might need another lens after you get it separated.

I had a camera lens fail, changing the ptz cable didn't help. So there's that possibility that you might need another lens after you get it separated.
@lookout did you ever determine the reason for the lens failure? If that's the case with mine, then I'd like to know any possible reasons for it.
Besides, I'm getting a "Camera Sensor Error" - and I'm guessing that's the CCD sensor behind the lens, like the ones on DSLRs - on mine. The lens itself looks to be still good. Since I'm still learning how to do repairs and still don't really know much (if anything) about it, could this mean that I might have to replace the whole camera/gimbal assembly with a new one (I checked - they're really expensive for my budget, and since I got the aircraft for free.....), and everything else seems to be working correctly, and it flies well.......

Last edited:
@lookout did you ever determine the reason for the lens failure? If that's the case with mine, then I'd like to know any possible reasons for it.
Besides, I'm getting a "Camera Sensor Error" - and I'm guessing that's the CCD sensor behind the lens, like the ones on DSLRs - on mine. The lens itself looks to be still good. Since I'm still learning how to do repairs and still don't really know much (if anything) about it, could this mean that I might have to replace the whole camera/gimbal assembly with a new one (I checked - they're really expensive for my budget, and since I got the aircraft for free.....), and everything else seems to be working correctly, and it flies well.......
All I know is I had a new gimbal assembly and bought a new lens separately. When I was finally able to get the lens off, I went through all the combinations of cables and lens and so it was that I already figured that I had a broken lead on the cable replaced, but the lens itself gave no video either. Not sure what happened, but I was trying to fix the shaking gimbal, wouldn't point in the right direction. There is a gyro in the lens I think because even without the video I was at least able to figure out I could get it recalibrated again.

All I know is I had a new gimbal assembly and bought a new lens separately. When I was finally able to get the lens off, I went through all the combinations of cables and lens and so it was that I already figured that I had a broken lead on the cable replaced, but the lens itself gave no video either. Not sure what happened, but I was trying to fix the shaking gimbal, wouldn't point in the right direction. There is a gyro in the lens I think because even without the video I was at least able to figure out I could get it recalibrated again.
if you havent seen this camera yet this should make it easier to give it a good tap. The marks on the front of the lens are from a crash and it still works great there pretty tough

Attachments

• DSC05206.JPG
    DSC05206.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • DSC05207.JPG
    DSC05207.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2
if you havent seen this camera yet this should make it easier to give it a good tap. The marks on the front of the lens are from a crash and it still works great there pretty tough
I'll see about trying that when I get the new video cable in on/about the 10th or so.

Think I need wing-nuts on my MP. did a ribbon, now a video feed cable

Attachments

• image_67228417.JPG
    image_67228417.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member