DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro question

Mike_B

Reactions
I recently got a MP1 from a friend who bought another for himself after he wasn't able to fix this one; I somehow got it working again, with the exception of the camera feed (flies well, all the controls seem to be normal, gimbal works both with the wheel and the 5-way button, just no video feed).
He had removed the WiFi module and still has it, but lost the cables for it. He insists that it's only used to control the drone via the app, but I don't think so; I think this is one of the ways that it sends the video feed to the controller (via WiFi).
Which one of us is correct?
If I'm correct, then I can get it completely fixed by just ordering and installing another WiFi module (when I get the money for it) and have one more drone to 'play with'. I'm not Part 107 certified (yet, but working on getting the $$ for the test), so I can only fly via 44809 right now.

I recently got a MP1 from a friend who bought another for himself after he wasn't able to fix this one; I somehow got it working again, with the exception of the camera feed (flies well, all the controls seem to be normal, gimbal works both with the wheel and the 5-way button, just no video feed).
He had removed the WiFi module and still has it, but lost the cables for it. He insists that it's only used to control the drone via the app, but I don't think so; I think this is one of the ways that it sends the video feed to the controller (via WiFi).
Which one of us is correct?
If I'm correct, then I can get it completely fixed by just ordering and installing another WiFi module (when I get the money for it) and have one more drone to 'play with'. I'm not Part 107 certified (yet, but working on getting the $$ for the test), so I can only fly via 44809 right now.
I have doubts that the WiFi module is all it’s going to take to get the video signal back too. If you switch the drone into wifi mode does the light on the rear of the drone turn red? If the wi-fi module was necessary or even powered on when in RC mode I would think you’d get all kinds of error messages in the app and it wouldn’t let you even take off.

I have doubts that the WiFi module is all it’s going to take to get the video signal back too. If you switch the drone into wifi mode does the light on the rear of the drone turn red? If the wi-fi module was necessary or even powered on when in RC mode I would think you’d get all kinds of error messages in the app and it wouldn’t let you even take off.
OK, then. I haven't tried putting the MP1 into WiFi mode because of the lack of a WiFi module inside it, so I don't know.

do you get video on your controller? that was a dump obvisioly you can see what is going on with the gimbal avtion via controller

Last edited:
do you get video on your controller? that was a dump obvisioly you can see what is going on with the gimbal avtion via controller
I don't get any video feed on the app at all - the RC only has the basic telemetry, not video.

DSCF3064.JPG

I don't get any video feed on the app at all - the RC only has the basic telemetry, not video.

View attachment 147597
well ifr you have gimbal movement but no picture it is most likely the video transmission cable it is really very simple to replace it and lots of how to,s on u-tube good luck thats all i could come up with just had the black out on one i brought back from a crashAnd that fixed it

well ifr you have gimbal movement but no picture it is most likely the video transmission cable it is really very simple to replace it and lots of how to,s on u-tube good luck thats all i could come up with just had the black out on one i brought back from a crashAnd that fixed it
On the app, I get a "Camera sensor error" notification. It could be I might need to replace either the camera itself or the video cable?

I don,t know never left mine on to see that long enough to see an error it just camed up ready to fly with a black screen the cable is the lesser of the two and i,ve never had one not work with all the leads in order

I don,t know never left mine on to see that long enough to see an error it just camed up ready to fly with a black screen the cable is the lesser of the two and i,ve never had one not work with all the leads in order
If you tap (on the app) the top bar where it normally says "Ready to Fly", you get the menu that shows the status of the drone's systems, including the camera. When I go there I get a red "abnormal" reading on the camera and when I tap that, it shows the "Camera Sensor Error" on the next 'page'.

If you tap (on the app) the top bar where it normally says "Ready to Fly", you get the menu that shows the status of the drone's systems, including the camera. When I go there I get a red "abnormal" reading on the camera and when I tap that, it shows the "Camera Sensor Error" on the next 'page'.
now we are both puzzled but after 5 rebuilds I would put a transmission cable in first before i started changing control boards

Reactions: Rnl
or you could send it in to dji repair but it won,t be the 20 you spend on the cable
Nah. I'll spend the $20 on a new cable. Don't have the kind of $$ DJI wants.

Yeah, @dave canada that's the one I bought; I had removed the camera/gimbal once before, but even after removing the screws around the camera, I couldn't get it to separate from the body to get to the cable inside it and get that end disconnected.
yes i had one like seemed like it was super glued i took a utility knike aput it down right by the screws it,s safe there it will come off

yes i had one like seemed like it was super glued i took a utility knike aput it down right by the screws it,s safe there it will come off
@dave canada I tried that (was recommended to do that - gently - in a video) and it still wouldn't loosen.

Where are you plugging phone cord to, try using bottom USB on remote and maybe new cable

Where are you plugging phone cord to, try using bottom USB on remote and maybe new cable
@Rnl It's normally plugged into the side port on the RC, but I tried doing it the way you suggested (using a USB-to-USB C cable) and got the same results.....still no video feed, but everything else still works (telemetry, etc). Same results using a USB-to-Lightning cable on my iPhone 11.

Last edited:
@dave canada I tried that (was recommended to do that - gently - in a video) and it still wouldn't loosen.
one tear drop of atf it will penetrate just about anything let aloneforan hour or so thrn it over do the other side then take the blade out of the knife put in the grove and dont be so gentle rap it good itll come off be gentle when putting it back together, itsa not doing you any good were it,s at now trust me it is stronger than it looks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998