DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M Pro/ platinum RID

GregE

Reactions
Late to the party-
Just got my MPP flying with new batteries after a loong hibernation and now need to find a RID module for it.
Any recommendations for light, inexpensive module and ones to avoid?
G

Reactions: Capt KO and GregE
Late to the party-
Just got my MPP flying with new batteries after a loong hibernation and now need to find a RID module for it.
Any recommendations for light, inexpensive module and ones to avoid?
G
As Mike mentioned above, the Holy Stone one is good, no frills, but inexpensive and is readily available.
At several times the cost the next one I would recommend is the DroneTag Beacon, it is shipping pretty regularly now. It is a more refined module and has good App integration.
Be sure to check out our mounting solutions for RID modules HERE.

Reactions: GregE
I read thru several RID discussions and see the Mavic Pro is not scheduled to receive a RID software update.
So I'll be shopping around for a module- thanks for the info. Saw the 3D mounts Aerial Pixel- guessing you don't sell the RID modules so will look for the horse then the cart. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
I’m using the Holy Stone RID (apprx $100) with an Arial Pixel mount ($15). They make mounts for many RID models, all $15. The RID works well at far less cost than others and is quite small in size. I mainly use it on my P4Ps but it does work on my A2 (not needed since update).

Holy Stone RID is ordered. $90 from Amazon. Mount bracket next :)
I think I bought some labels from Aerial Pixels waay back, but my memory is suspect

Reactions: Capt KO
Gotta love Amazon. My Holy Stone RID was delivered about an hour ago. I do not want it to interfere with the GPS or any thing else critical to flying so is there anyplace on the M1P i should avoid putting the RID? On top in front of the Battery or behind it?

is there anyplace on the M1P i should avoid putting the RID?
Yes. Don't place it on top of the GPS receiver (see the photo below) or anywhere it may come into contact with the props.

1707604146970.png

Last edited:
my RID arrived this morning. Thanks for the mounting info.
What is locking tape ( type)?

@GregE 3M Dual Lock is the best locking tape I've ever used. I always use it in place of Velcro.

1707655837958.png

Last edited:
I was setting up my Holy Stone. I fly an M1P. When setting it up it asks for type of aircraft. I put in M1P. Was that correct or should i have used some other name (Mavic Pro etc)? Also I have no idea what it weighs in at. Anyone know? Last Question, it asks for a registration number. I am a recreational flyer for now so should i just use the number the FAA assigned to me? FA3MMN****

When setting it up it asks for type of aircraft. I put in M1P. Was that correct or should i have used some other name (Mavic Pro etc)?
I would personally enter the model name as used by the manufacturer. So, if DJI documents the Mavic Pro model name as the "M1P", then that would be the best name to use. I cannot say I've ever seen DJI use anything but "Mavic Pro".

I have no idea what it weighs in at. Anyone know?
If you've attached 3rd party accessories to your drone, then you should weigh it. If it's all stock, then you can use the weight documented in the Mavic Pro manual (734 g).

it asks for a registration number. I am a recreational flyer for now so should i just use the number the FAA assigned to me?
Yes

I would personally enter the model name as used by the manufacturer. So, if DJI documents the Mavic Pro model name as the "M1P", then that would be the best name to use. I cannot say I've ever seen DJI use anything but "Mavic Pro".

If you've attached 3rd party accessories to your drone, then you should weigh it. If it's all stock, then you can use the weight documented in the Mavic Pro manual (734 g).

Yes
Thank You. I deleted my original signature and re-entered the information you provided.

The Holy Stone RID instruction booklet is quite thorough. Reading, it provides a QR code to download a Drone Go2 app that you use to input your drone data.

BUT, the app requires IOS 11 or later / Android 7.0 or later. My I phone is 8 plus.

So dear partner I need a newer phone.... that will cost as much or more than a RID compliant Mini 3 Pro......
Quandry

My I phone is 8 plus
You can install iOS 11 through iOS 16 on an iPhone 8 Plus. So, no need to buy a new phone just yet.

Did and Done!! Thanks for the IOS update link. Very helpful!!

Reactions: msinger
my RID arrived this morning. Thanks for the mounting info.
What is locking tape ( type)?

I mounted mind (HOLY STONE) on top and in the front. No problem with props. I wouldn't use the velcro that comes with the unit. Buy some good locking type (plastic). FLY SAFE.
These are made by the 3M COMPANY about 1inch square and come in a packet. Can't find the package or would of showed it. Got mine at a hardware store. Good luck guys. It's good strong stuff..

Attachments

• 17077127060823830549956067432429.jpg
    17077127060823830549956067432429.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 17077127657102813999775845644103.jpg
    17077127657102813999775845644103.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
These are made by the 3M COMPANY about 1inch square and come in a packet. Can't find the package or would of showed it.
3M also sells Dual Lock in 1-inch squares here on Amazon.

But, it's cheaper to buy a roll and cut it. Once I started using it with my drones, I found all kinds of other things I could use it for around the house.

1707741339902.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman