DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 1 Pro RID Compliance

M1D Owner

Reactions
Please forgive if this has been discussed in a recent thread....

Looking for ways to make my Mavic 1 Pro compliant with the RID regs.

Is there a module to use (yet)?

I take it there is little or no likelihood of a firmware/software fix from DJI?

There seems to be a dearth of info on this make/model (and many others) as I google around.

For now, the drone seems to be a regulatory brick.

Thanks Msinger. Much appreciated. I saw some few reports from users that the Holy Stone may not be broadcasting as it should. If it's FAA approved then I don't particularly care....is there a list of FAA approved modules that includes the Holy Stone?

So it seems that $90 is about the cheapest option to make an old drone compliant.

And a little less if you buy from Holy Stone here on eBay.

But, yes, you're looking at $80+ until another vendor releases something less expensive.

It is unfortunate that as part of their pitch for Remote ID, the FAA estimated the modules would only cost $50.

Reactions: Starz
It is unfortunate that as part of their pitch for Remote ID, the FAA estimated the modules would only cost $50.
The internal DRONETAG BS model costs 80 bucks and is probably the cheapest way if you can install it yourself. As far as government estimates go (and I am saying this as someone who has lived in the U.S. for much of my life)-It too surprises me that the government would just throw out a number like that without any real research. :rolleyes:

As an aircraft owner and maintainer, so many FAA directives seriously underestimate the costs of compliance. This still being under 3 figures is one thing...when mid-4 figure estimates become 5 figures that the ouch factor sets in

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne