DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro rear lights?? I have flown the whole dji line.....first post here!

I am actually considering what lights I want to put on my new mounts. I have the Strobon standalone units that have a battery on each one but I am considering using the Strobon V2 and just mounting a small 150Mah battery to power all the lights. I plan to have a red and green on the sides as shown in my previous video (except instead of standalone they will be normal units). I then plan to mount a solid white LED facing out from the back (again on the tab that I built into the landing extension) and then also I plan to mount a couple of 850nm UV LEDs facing downwards, this way those UV LEDs can be used as a light source for the downward facing landing cameras but will not be visible otherwise.

Let's just see how all that works out, I will hot glue the LEDs, battery, and wires so it will be a nice job and there will be nothing dangling.

Reactions: vdubbin1967
I am actually considering what lights I want to put on my new mounts. I have the Strobon standalone units that have a battery on each one but I am considering using the Strobon V2 and just mounting a small 150Mah battery to power all the lights. I plan to have a red and green on the sides as shown in my previous video (except instead of standalone they will be normal units). I then plan to mount a solid white LED facing out from the back (again on the tab that I built into the landing extension) and then also I plan to mount a couple of 850nm UV LEDs facing downwards, this way those UV LEDs can be used as a light source for the downward facing landing cameras but will not be visible otherwise.

Let's just see how all that works out, I will hot glue the LEDs, battery, and wires so it will be a nice job and there will be nothing dangling.

I'd be curious on the up leds.....

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not if it's in it's own enclosure, and have you ever worked with electronics? If so then you'd know what a holding circuit is right? Really think about it,,,, also I want another battery, the cost to carry a small one is negligible compared to compromising flight time,

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

That's a great reason, but I doubt the one's I have in mind weigh anything of any note.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Plus anyone can just slap a light on and call it a day. Some of us like custom and clean even if it's for use at night... just saying. I actually have though done that with bike light on an old phantom lol

Plus anyone can just slap a light on and call it a day. Some of us like custom and clean even if it's for use at night... just saying. I actually have though done that with bike light on an old phantom lol

But you did give me an idea to take apart a bike light and make it smaller or lighter. Since you can see the bike litlghts from far:)

Its just no fun if I don't get to use my 3D printer :)

Reactions: vdubbin1967
709674addd96941837ead8cc19db4e8b.jpg
211363f59aa8ab793ab5bd6e55decc0d.jpg
. Did mine in matte green.... going to do my other mavic in matte orange:)

709674addd96941837ead8cc19db4e8b.jpg
211363f59aa8ab793ab5bd6e55decc0d.jpg
. Did mine in matte green.... going to do my other mavic in matte orange:)

My other Mavic ?/????....... I can't even get my first one ......... You think skinning it is no problem with the airframe ... what about all the extras put on.... does the new landing gear effect the calabration of the Mavic .... I'm talking about first starting it up and how it sits on a level platform when it is initializing ? It sits on a little rake originally as I can tell ....are the extensions set up in the same manner .... or does it even matter ?

My other Mavic ?/????....... I can't even get my first one ......... You think skinning it is no problem with the airframe ... what about all the extras put on.... does the new landing gear effect the calabration of the Mavic .... I'm talking about first starting it up and how it sits on a level platform when it is initializing ? It sits on a little rake originally as I can tell ....are the extensions set up in the same manner .... or does it even matter ?

Lol. I fell into a deal on a mavic that camera was broke off for 100. I had ordered my mavic from local hobbyshop and it came in the same day.... I had a guy in cali who fixed it good as new for me as he had a bunch of parts mavics laying around. Flys awesome...

Lol. I fell into a deal on a mavic that camera was broke off for 100. I had ordered my mavic from local hobbyshop and it came in the same day.... I had a guy in cali who fixed it good as new for me as he had a bunch of parts mavics laying around. Flys awesome...

With the extensions it sits level. I don't think it matters because when you do an imu calibration you have to set it up on level surface in folded position.... kinda weird

Reactions: G unit
Just an idea... Rather than adding weight and drag to the Mavic, what about night vision googles?

Just an idea... Rather than adding weight and drag to the Mavic, what about night vision googles?

That would be cool for sure to. But trying to see what your filming on the screen while wearing nv goggles on would be difficult.... plus the mavic even during the day when it get further from you. It's hard to recognize orientation. But nv goggles would be cool

Does anyone make any add on lights with batteries built in 3D printed maybe?? It sure would be nice for orientation For night flying as the front lights turn off when starting to record... any info or your thoughts on this would be appreciated...

Here are my lights for now. Red in the back, blue in the front. I only get blue reflection with the gimbal cover on.

I like these because I know which way I'm pointed with line of sight, even when it's far away.

1410e3ff0f023010358f115741d0ca38.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin