DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Reliability

Appears to be very well designed - it is the the gimbal and camera assembly that looks as proven to be very fragile from my first two months of flying it.

There is nothing close to it on the market is the reality I see

There is lots to go wrong but when it works you will be blown away....

I'm compiling a spare list as we speak, haven't actually got the bird yet but know from my experiences with Inspire best to order some new arms and sensors now for after warranty care in 12 months... Lol

Got to Love DJI....

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate on your "experiences with Inspire?" Anything fail unpredictably (i.e. not in flight test) and what? Did your Mavic arms fail? Did your folding Mavic propellers fail - recognizing they are pretty replaceable)? Did your Inspire arms fail?? Thanks, in advance

signed /new company purchase/

Appears to be very well designed - it is the the gimbal and camera assembly that looks as proven to be very fragile from my first two months of flying it.

There is nothing close to it on the market is the reality I see

There is lots to go wrong but when it works you will be blown away....

Thanks for your reply dekip. The gimbal has been, and always has been, the most-sensitive item after flight control on everything from submarines to missles. Watching the market ... .

Didn't Sperry-Rand pioneer flight systems analysis years ago? Where is a comparable drone real time flight systems analytical tool that is available to every user (but commercial users esp.)? Being updated as an app by iAndrappleiOSxX?? If it is, I have a pencil and a pretty sweet new sheet of velum to start working from ....

(vicbrav77 19 Apr 2017)

Last edited:
Didn't Sperry-Rand pioneer flight systems analysis years ago? Where is a comparable drone real time flight systems analytical tool that is available to every user (but commercial users esp.)? Being updated as an app by iAndrappleiOSxX?? If it is, I have a pencil and a pretty sweet new sheet of velum to start working from ....

(vicbrav77 19 Apr 2017)

... being rhetorical. Apologies, all. -bbm

Thanks for your reply dekip. The gimbal has been, and always has been, the most-sensitive item after flight control on everything from submarines to missles. Watching the market ... .

Hard to argue however, If you look at the Osmo Gimbal by DJI or the removable gimbal that has dual use with the GoPro Karma (I have both) they are both far more durable in design. I am sure size is part of the trade off here and in the end it is the price to play the game .... or at least for now....

Or another way to put it is I am about ready to send to shop as it is not working right (The Gimbal)

.... for the second time....

Hard to argue however, If you look at the Osmo Gimbal by DJI or the removable gimbal that has dual use with the GoPro Karma (I have both) they are both far more durable in design. I am sure size is part of the trade off here and in the end it is the price to play the game .... or at least for now....

Or another way to put it is I am about ready to send to shop as it is not working right (The Gimbal)

.... for the second time....

High performance photography and high performance flight ... ahem, performance ... are not mutually exclusive. The ADR solo was nice because my camera fits. Gen. Chas. Lindbergh taught me that flying the airplane comes first. Commercial flight controllers need to fly and do discrete science. DJI has a nice platform. -vb

The Phantom range has been more reliable every iteration and you have to imagine they put a lot of that knowledge in to the Mavic. I have to admit when I flew mine in November I thought that for every part apart from the fragile gimbal. That thing is a marvel, but mine has failed and is getting repaired. Mine was early off the production line though so I would hope the process has been refined.

I have a P3 Pro which is nearly two years old and is as good today as the day it arrived. Compare that with the P1 and P2 which I was glad to get rid off for fear of them dropping out of the sky ;-)

I have flown mine nearly every week since February and I've had no problems with it besides the app which isn't the Mavics fault.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31