DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Reliability

MavicPro

Reactions
Since receiving my Mavic Pro I've been having a blast. I have just under 2 hours total flight time. As with all new products I start thinking about reliability. I baby this thing to the extreme. But it gets me thinking about how long it will last. How many hours can I get out of it? So far it feels extremely sturdy and well built. What are your thoughts on something failing on it? Motors? Esc? I know brushless motors last a long time, but how long? How long do you think in hours the Mavic Pro can last until some sort of failure? Say I don't crash it and keep it as clean as I can? Opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joedeertay
Long enough until the next DJI "gotta have it drone" appears on the market. New Drone technology is experiencing life cycles similar to that of the Flagship Andriod and IOS smart phone market.

Use it! Enjoy it! Push the boundaries with this brilliant technology!

Long enough until the next DJI "gotta have it drone" appears on the market. New Drone technology is experiencing life cycles similar to that of the Flagship Andriod and IOS smart phone market.

Use it! Enjoy it! Push the boundaries with this brilliant technology!

I really want to but I have that annoying voice in the back of my head telling me to baby it so it last as long as it can lol.

In 5 years or less your Mavic Pro will be the P3 Standard of today.

Why on earth have a pristine Mavic Pro sitting on the shelf in 5 years and looking back and saying "Man I had some great times buffing the props and wiping down the gimbal"

Reactions: Mjonesy758
It will last a very reasonably long time. They use sealed bearings on all the moving parts and the rest are electronics that don't wear out unless poorly designed; which I doubt that should be a worry. Fly it, enjoy it like you stole it; .... or something like that [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Fly it like you stole it !
Clint headshake.gif

Definitely will not fly it like Casey! Hahahaha!!!!

1-The-Other-Guys-quotes.gif

Not sure how to respond since the vast majority of us are still waiting for the Mavic to arrive! :(

Since receiving my Mavic Pro I've been having a blast. I have just under 2 hours total flight time. As with all new products I start thinking about reliability. I baby this thing to the extreme. But it gets me thinking about how long it will last. How many hours can I get out of it? So far it feels extremely sturdy and well built. What are your thoughts on something failing on it? Motors? Esc? I know brushless motors last a long time, but how long? How long do you think in hours the Mavic Pro can last until some sort of failure? Say I don't crash it and keep it as clean as I can? Opinions?

Last edited:
Super excited, reliability so far is great, no issues and it responds well.

And then I woke up and checked on the shipping status... they moved the release date to Nov 23rd

You're probably nearing the end of its useful life. I'll take it off your hand for a couple of hundred bucks :)

It is amazing to me the amount of r & d, craftsmanship and engineering this little marvel has poured into it. It's like a work of art and a tank at the same **** time. I don't believe the build on this will wear out before the leap in technology shelves this baby. We all know the next big thing is coming.

I'm compiling a spare list as we speak, haven't actually got the bird yet but know from my experiences with Inspire best to order some new arms and sensors now for after warranty care in 12 months... Lol

Got to Love DJI....

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

This is also my biggest concern. The more electronic features/sensors/cameras/GPS's/etc... the more that can go wrong. Like I'm trying to convince my fiance' that we don't need a freaaking $1000 dollar stroller for our baby that we haven't even 'conceived' yet, just because it has electronic temperature read out/speed/electronic fold/electronic roof/etc. I just tell her the more features/electronics, the more likely when our baby spills his/her drinks all over it and everything get fried, that $1k stroller is going to be a 79.99 stroller from target.

I know the comparison is apples to oranges. But like the OP, I am concerned about the durability/reliability of these things. Mainly, from recent post/videos is heat. Heat + Electronics = death. And with all these electronics so tightly compact....

*crossed fingers* I hope the Mavic Pro = upload_2016-10-29_4-23-7.jpeg

What about folding arms and folding propellers? I'm seriously considering a Mavic Pro since, among other things, the ADR Solo (Hero Pro platform w/gimbal) is ostensibly discontinued. Folding propellers? I know there was skepticism when constant speed propeller technology came out for fixed wing aircraft, but those folding wings (old Navy joke)? Can anyone criticize (for my benefit - zero criticism is accepted in the positive) that the folding parts - arms and propellers - on this instrument are not susceptible to overuse failure, especially in marine environments??

Reactions: Trustinclark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe