DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air2S Cleaning?

Reactions
I'm probably over thinking this, and yes, it was an idea that popped into my head randomly, but I want my new drone to last as long as I can. I am a huge fan of planes and helicopters, as well as military equipment. I remember learning during Desert Storm all the issues the helicopters and Osprey's had with sand getting into the engines etc. This made me think of my drone. Is there a need to clean the motors, or anything else inside the drone, if there is, how the hell do you know what to use, how to clean, how often to clean or even get into opening it up to reach those parts.

A can of computer air spray should suffice and a vacuum cleaner.

It's a good idea to have a launch pad or learn how to hand land / launch the aircraft.

Prevent the problem of debris getting inside from the start and you may never have to clean it.

I've been flying since 2017 and never had to clean my drones because I do one or the other when flying.

just make it part of your post flight routine when you check it over for any damage as said above
using a launch/land pad to stop to much dirt or debris from getting into the motors
and during summer time .you will get the inevitable insect stains on the props and body sometimes,to clean my drones after flying ,i use an unscented baby wipe to remove insect marks and it allows you to see if there is any prop damage especially on the leading edges of the props

just make it part of your post flight routine when you check it over for any damage as said above
using a launch/land pad to stop to much dirt or debris from getting into the motors
and during summer time .you will get the inevitable insect stains on the props and body sometimes,to clean my drones after flying ,i use an unscented baby wipe to remove insect marks and it allows you to see if there is any prop damage especially on the leading edges of the props
Great information! Thank you! I was worried about needing to do some sort of regular "maintenance and cleaning" on the interior or propeller motors.

Reactions: old man mavic
I've given all 4 motors a wash in the stream a couple of times to keep them clean 😉
Here's one of the times:

I think I've read that on my shampoo bottle. :D

"Wash, rinse, and repeat if necessary "

I rarely fly near sandy areas if at all. But occasionally, I will use an air blower that I also use to clean my PC. I don't use the aerosol type as it has moisture it spays.

there's nothing like a dip in a clear cold mountain stream ,to clean off those pesky bug marks, and dust from your drone
battery probably didn't fair quite so well though

Reactions: tokertm and tls3601
It's surprising that the camera continued to operate after the drone submerged. How long did it run, or did you retrieve it before it shut down?
It was in the water for about 20 seconds, not completely submerged though, camera still recording as I took it out of the stream and the battery connection was dry (most of the main body was out of the water but motors and camera fully submerged)
Still working fine a year later with over 500km done since the splash down, and still take it a few miles out to sea when the yachts are racing in my area :)

so you didn't get that sinking feeling ,that explains a lot, more like a quick dunk ,in relatively clean water, the water wouldn't have damaged the motors ,but the camera and gimbal were more at risk from water ingress

Yea was fairly quick, didn't even panic when it happened, which is unusual for me :)
Wasn't even me that made the error, for some reason it just climbed on its own after it nearly cleared the bridge, not gone under any small bridges since that 😄
Very clean stream in the Lake District, think it was Honister Pass.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147