DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro RIP

Teacherbytes

Reactions
I was attempting to video a local dam for a lesson on the Industrial Revolution. Unfortunately my Mavic Pro got too close to a tree and plunged to it untimely demise in the bottom of a creek I had no access to. Felt tears welling up for the lost Mavic Pro. My own darn fault!

I feel with you. It is not nice to have this painful experience. Again a great machine is lost ...

Reactions: Teacherbytes
There must be some maintenance workers that could get you to the bottom of the dam. It might be dead, but at least you'd have closure.

I was attempting to video a local dam for a lesson on the Industrial Revolution. Unfortunately my Mavic Pro got too close to a tree and plunged to it untimely demise in the bottom of a creek I had no access to. Felt tears welling up for the lost Mavic Pro. My own darn fault!
Are you unable to get to it? How deep is the water? How fast is the water moving? As someone who lost and recovered a Mav Pro (7 wks later in 18' of water) you can bring it back if you find it. See attached photo. If anyone wants details on what to do let me know and I will respond on the steps.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 54
Sorry for your loss. Did you have a gttr back attached? I use them normally when flying over water.

Are you unable to get to it? How deep is the water? How fast is the water moving? As someone who lost and recovered a Mav Pro (7 wks later in 18' of water) you can bring it back if you find it. See attached photo. If anyone wants details on what to do let me know and I will respond on the steps.

The Mavic is about 50 feet down in a steep ravine fenced off for obvious reasons. I couldn’t get down to look for my bird without falling down a cliff. If I could have could have gone down to look for the Mavic I would have.

This is my nightmare, as I frequently fly my MP over places where it is likely unrecoverable. Over cliffs, whitewater rivers, etc. I get pictures that I could not get any other way. Last one recorded a video that showed I was MUCH closer to a tree than I ever intended. I have to figure out how that happened, but I'm sure the drone was doing what I told it to do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott