DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro RTH problem! [emoji47]

Sk8vip

Reactions
Hello friends, I need a solution. my mavic pro does not run the RTH, currently my maximum altitude is 100 meters, and the RTH altitude is 50 meters.

When I execute the RTH, the drone starts the RTH, turns in front of the Home-point, starts to climb, gives a small stop at the RTH altitude (50m) but continues to climb until reaching the maximum altitude of 100 meters. then it stops, does not return, and the RC informs the RTH normally, even with beep.

(conditions: gps OK, home-point OK, RTH OK settings, OK telemetry)

Several cell phones, app versions and different firmware were tested

it is facing the sun? It's been known to cause the MP to think there's an obstacle in front, which cause it to rise until max altitude. it wont move forward due to perceived obstacle.

Reactions: NinjaNut
it is facing the sun? It's been known to cause the MP to think there's an obstacle in front, which cause it to rise until max altitude. it wont move forward due to perceived obstacle.
Hello. No, the problem always occurs, in any location, position, or illumination.

and the obstacle sensors function normally during the flight.

Tanks

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

On the newest firmware?
I had the same issue repeatedly after upgrading the firmware (via the Go4 app).
Should note that it happened once on the previous firmware too.

I connected to the laptop and checked with the Assistant 2 software and lo and behold, it indicated that something was iffy with the firmware, as it said that the remote was on the latest, while the drone was not (despite being updated via the app and the online app reporting that it was on the latest. I reloaded the latest firmware via assistant 2 and everything has been golden since, which is good, since I have been flying in some high risk (but spectacular) locations over the last week.

So: hook it up to Assistant 2 and check.

Last edited:
On the newest firmware?
I had the same issue repeatedly after upgrading the firmware (via the Go4 app).
Should note that it happened once on the previous firmware too.

I connected to the laptop and checked with the Assistant 2 software and lo and behold, it indicated that something was iffy with the firmware, as it said that the remote was on the latest, while the drone was not (despite being updated via the app and the online app reporting that it was on the latest. I reoaded the latest firmware via assistant 2 and everything has been golden since, which is good, since I have been flying in some high risk (but spectacular) locations over the last week.

So: hook it up to Assistant 2 and check.
Yes. I've tested the last 4 firmwares. Both the RC and the drone. And 3 different versions of the djigo4.

at the moment my drone is being evaluated by a professional for 2 weeks and still can not find the reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO