DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
acaf5a4cb8a420dbeefb75f32bf33743.jpg

71.1km/h for me also.
Nice top distance.

I have been out fooling around with Mavic on full throttle in Sport mode. This video documents the result and will at the same time show how to enable Sport mode in case you don't know.

How fast have you pushed your Mavic?
Hi

My mavic was flown in the wind and went out of control..... Hit RTH and luckily it came home.... but it recorded the flight speed as ...

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_100207.png
    IMG_20180225_100207.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 93
I’ve been over 84mph but that was atti mode and with 35 mph winds.

I apologize I was speaking of my phantom 4. My Mavic I’m not really sure.
Sorry

Last edited:
You need a cheating tailwind. :p
I am not sure we have good speed information. There is a speed number on the remote control and a horizontal speed in the DJI GO App. They are always different. It the horizontal speed is calculated using GPS then what is the minimum time interval between consecutive readings. Then assuming your location is accurate to plus or minus 5 meters, how can GPS calculated speed be meaningful. Like is the reading is 1 per second that is an error of plus/minus 5 mps. If it one reading per 10 seconds it's and error of plus/minus 0.5 mps. If it is 1/10 of a second per reading it is an error of plus/minus 50 mps. BTW 1 mps is 3.6 KPH. So you can have frequent approximate locations and lousy speed errors or occasional location updates and accurate speed.

Also given GPS satellites come into view and out of view, and how long it takes to get a satellite fix, they might just be using a wet finger up there.

Airspeed would be more accurate if they had a pitot tube. see Pixhawk Digital Airspeed Sensor w/ Pitot Tube

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929