DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro started drifting while hovering

b17raymo

Reactions
I had just flown my Mavic earlier with no problems. I went to fly again a couple hours later and noticed there was a new firmware update. I proceeded to take off but noticed right away it seemed to be drifting. I landed right away and did the firmware update because I figured it just needed the update. I tried again immediately after I finished the update and restarted the Mavic pro. I still seem to be having the issue. I was hoping someone may have a suggestion on what to do??? Thanks

The first time it started was at about 20ft. The second time i did automatic takeoff and was hovering at around 4ft.

Reactions: Prado man
I did turn the vps off the first time. I thought maybe it was due to the fact it was right before dark. It was giving me the insufficient ambient light warning

I had just flown my Mavic earlier with no problems. I went to fly again a couple hours later and noticed there was a new firmware update. I proceeded to take off but noticed right away it seemed to be drifting. I landed right away and did the firmware update because I figured it just needed the update. I tried again immediately after I finished the update and restarted the Mavic pro. I still seem to be having the issue. I was hoping someone may have a suggestion on what to do??? Thanks

Mine was drifting the other day & the next time I flew it asked for a compass calibration which seems to have resolved the problem. I'd do a compass & IMU calibration before anything else.

Check the sensors are clean but ultimately if its near dark dont expect miracles.
GPS depending on the geometry available is accurate to within maybe 2-3m so it'll "wobble" around in a bubble that big quite a lot. The optical sensors are what nails on its accuracy but they need a fair bit of light to work.

You can try calibrating the sensors, IMU and compass though i guess.

I thought it might be of the low light also, so will give it another try tomorrow. It has been raining the past two days.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661