DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro started drifting while hovering

b17raymo

Reactions
I had just flown my Mavic earlier with no problems. I went to fly again a couple hours later and noticed there was a new firmware update. I proceeded to take off but noticed right away it seemed to be drifting. I landed right away and did the firmware update because I figured it just needed the update. I tried again immediately after I finished the update and restarted the Mavic pro. I still seem to be having the issue. I was hoping someone may have a suggestion on what to do??? Thanks

The first time it started was at about 20ft. The second time i did automatic takeoff and was hovering at around 4ft.

Reactions: Prado man
I did turn the vps off the first time. I thought maybe it was due to the fact it was right before dark. It was giving me the insufficient ambient light warning

I had just flown my Mavic earlier with no problems. I went to fly again a couple hours later and noticed there was a new firmware update. I proceeded to take off but noticed right away it seemed to be drifting. I landed right away and did the firmware update because I figured it just needed the update. I tried again immediately after I finished the update and restarted the Mavic pro. I still seem to be having the issue. I was hoping someone may have a suggestion on what to do??? Thanks

Mine was drifting the other day & the next time I flew it asked for a compass calibration which seems to have resolved the problem. I'd do a compass & IMU calibration before anything else.

Check the sensors are clean but ultimately if its near dark dont expect miracles.
GPS depending on the geometry available is accurate to within maybe 2-3m so it'll "wobble" around in a bubble that big quite a lot. The optical sensors are what nails on its accuracy but they need a fair bit of light to work.

You can try calibrating the sensors, IMU and compass though i guess.

I thought it might be of the low light also, so will give it another try tomorrow. It has been raining the past two days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe