DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Fly - Sensor Calibration / Error Code 180

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I hadn't flown my M2P for awhile, but never had any issues. Went far on location today & could not take off, Error 180. Seems like sensors needed recalibration -which I completed with DJI Assistant 2 (updated) at home. I tested immediately thereafter, and was cleared for takeoff. I returned to location for Golden Hour photos, but Failed again -Error 180. I restarted a few times, with no luck.
Am guessing it MIGHT be a sensor hardware issue? But Updating DJI software always seems to be a bit bumpy.
I have an important project that I'd like to complete before 12/31, and I doubt DJI will be able to help that quickly, if at all on an older unit like mine.

Anyone with experience on this? Sensor Failure, Calibration etc?

Error 180?

Thanks

(Mavic 2 Pro, Smart Controller) All firmware updated as of 12.24.2023.

Reactions: Cafguy
I hadn't flown my M2P for awhile, but never had any issues. Went far on location today & could not take off, Error 180. Seems like sensors needed recalibration -which I completed with DJI Assistant 2 (updated) at home. I tested immediately thereafter, and was cleared for takeoff. I returned to location for Golden Hour photos, but Failed again -Error 180. I restarted a few times, with no luck.
Am guessing it MIGHT be a sensor hardware issue? But Updating DJI software always seems to be a bit bumpy.
I have an important project that I'd like to complete before 12/31, and I doubt DJI will be able to help that quickly, if at all on an older unit like mine.

Error 180?

Thanks

I did have issues after a major update to my Matrice M30 with multiple sensor and ESC errors. However, I just shut everything down and restarted and all was good.
Have you tried resetting everything to factory settings and starting over? I know it's radical, but it sounds like somewhere a firmware glitch bricked some part of your drone.

This is a known issue with updates not directly downloaded thru DJI - As of this date DJI has still not fixed it!
You need to update the application but only do it thru DJI not your app store. This will clear the 180 error you are getting.
Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Some reading material.

Error 180?

Thanks

I assume you did the remote ID firmware update that was just released a couple weeks ago. Did you also manually download and install the latest GO4 app update directly from DJI. If not, you will get the error 180 thing. If you use Litchi you must get the latest update for that as well or you'll also get the error 180 code. Once the aircraft, Go4, and Litchi (if you use that), are all updated, the error should go away. At least it did for me...

This is a known issue with updates not directly downloaded thru DJI - As of this date DJI has still not fixed it!
You need to update the application but only do it thru DJI not your app store. This will clear the 180 error you are getting.
Happy Holidays!

Good morning,
I just updated my M2 Pro and Zoom to V01.00.0797 using DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones and received the same message for both. I've just become confused searching the forum for what if anything I'm doing wrong. Can you help please?

Good morning,
I just updated my M2 Pro and Zoom to V01.00.0797 using DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones and received the same message for both. I've just become confused searching the forum for what if anything I'm doing wrong. Can you help please?
You must also download the GO4 app directly from DJI website and install it. I think the app version ends in .60 if I remember correctly. If you only do the 0797 firmware update and don't download and install the GO4 update as well, you will get the error 180.

You must also download the GO4 app directly from DJI website and install it. I think the app version ends in .60 if I remember correctly. If you only do the 0797 firmware update and don't download and install the GO4 update as well, you will get the error 180.
OK I'm really confused now. Download and install the G04 update where?

First, thanks for taking the time to help on Xmas Day!
Can you please clarify WHERE the Go 4 App needs to be updated? I found the update from DJI at the Apple App Store for iphone. But I fly the M2P with Smart Controller. Sounds like I need to update the Go 4 app on my Smart Controller. And if so, do I do that via DJI assistant?

EDIT: I found that I can update the Go 4 App in the Smart Controller. But in the System menus for Smart Controller, when I check for system updates, I get this prompt: "Update Check Failed. DJI Go 4 App Logged out. Please log in to DJI Go 4. "
Not sure how to do that from the Smart Controller -?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
OK I'm really confused now. Download and install the G04 update where?
Use the web browser that's built into the smart controller (lightening browser) and go to the DJI website (I think dji.con) and click on download, then go to Mavic 2, then pick the GO4 app and download it. Then go to your downloads folder and tell it to install go4 which should be the top one on the list. After you install the latest version of the GO4 app the error 180 should be gone and the remote ID should be working properly. If you want go to the dji website ahead of time with your computer and locate the desired go4 update ahead of time, so you know where to locate it easily with the lightening browser, which leaves a little to be desire.

What is the next step since version V01.00.0797 is already installed on both drones from assistant 2?
The version v01.00.0797 is the aircraft firmware version not the GO4 app version. You do now have the correct firmware version for remote ID operation. However, you also need to have the correct version of the GO4 app or it will not work and you'll get an error 180 when try to fly. If you want to check what version of go4 you have, start your smart controller and swipe down from the top of the screen. Select the settings (star) icon, then scroll down to apps and select it, then scroll to go4 and select it. The current app version should be listed right on top. The version you need is 4.3.60, if you don't have that version you won't be able to fly your drone. You will need to go to the dji website with the browser on the controller and download the latest version of GO4 app as I described in my previous post. After you install the GO4 update you should have version 4.3.60 and should be ready to go.

First, thanks for taking the time to help on Xmas Day!
Can you please clarify WHERE the Go 4 App needs to be updated? I found the update from DJI at the Apple App Store for iphone. But I fly the M2P with Smart Controller. Sounds like I need to update the Go 4 app on my Smart Controller. And if so, do I do that via DJI assistant?

EDIT: I found that I can update the Go 4 App in the Smart Controller. But in the System menus for Smart Controller, when I check for system updates, I get this prompt: "Update Check Failed. DJI Go 4 App Logged out. Please log in to DJI Go 4. "
Not sure how to do that from the Smart Controller -?

Thanks again.
Well this is pretty infuriating! I just refreshed Smart Controller Firmware via DI Assistant (current version). After a few hiccups, update was confirmed. But I see the GO 4 App on Smart Controller is not current. SO I downloaded updated Go 4 App view Lightning Browser on Smart Controller. Bit It doesn't auto update, and I can't find it on the SC. Can't find nay notes on how to update the MOST IMPORTANT APP ON THE DEVICE. Come on DJI, you can do better than this!

Well this is pretty infuriating! I just refreshed Smart Controller Firmware via DI Assistant (current version). After a few hiccups, update was confirmed. But I see the GO 4 App on Smart Controller is not current. SO I downloaded updated Go 4 App view Lightning Browser on Smart Controller. Bit It doesn't auto update, and I can't find it on the SC. Can't find nay notes on how to update the MOST IMPORTANT APP ON THE DEVICE. Come on DJI, you can do better than this!
When you first turn on the smart controller tap the icon in the lower left corner of the screen (circle with 4 dots in it). Then tap on the "file manager", then tap on "downloads", now the top one on the list should be the last file you downloaded, there should also be a date behind it of when it was downloaded. Now tap on it and then tap on "install" down in the bottom right of the screen. After it's done installing it's best to do a reboot of the controller before trying it out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas