DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error Code 180 after updating aircraft for Remote ID

The DJI GO 4 App must be version 4.3.60 or the new firmware will not work with the controller. After i updated i kept getting the "error code 180" contact dji message, my M2P would not even start up. Once i updated the Go 4 app to the new version the controller & drone communicated perfectly,

Is the Number shown 180 or one of these 180016/ 180030/ 180031.
"18" errors are sensor errors and usually not good ones Restart the drone and see if that clears the error if not Recalibrate -outdoors away from other stuff if that does not clear it then you may have a bad sensor BUT I don't think you do because the error just all of a sudden popped up after the update. If indeed it is a #180 and you say you have found that to be a developer code [I have not found it yet] Then I would simply re-install the firmware.
After the RID update the code I got yesterday was also code 180 while trying to start litchi. Litchi opens fine to camera view, and everything looks normal. It even does the "home point has been updated, please check it on the map" thing, when I move the sticks to start the motors, it gives the "code 180 contact DJI support" in a small box on screen.

Reactions: Cafguy
The code I got yesterday was also code 180 while trying to start litchi. Litchi opens fine to camera view, and everything looks normal. It even does the "home point has been updated, please check it on the map" thing, when I move the sticks to start the motors, it gives the "code 180 contact DJI support" in a small box on screen.
The solution for the problem is in the video, and has NOTHING to do with Litchi. If you use Litchi No problems [until you upgrade to a newer drone then say goodbye to litchi sorry] After doing some study I have found this 180 error to be well documented BUT- DJI isn't telling anyone unless they call? It has something to do with the Go4 app itself from what I see..

This worked for me as well. GO4 download from DJI and installed ended the “error 180” issue. I have not yet tested litchi
After the RID update on mine (both firmware and go4) everything works and flies fine. However, when I try litchi everything is normal until I try to start the motors. At that point it throws the "code 180, contact DJI support" thing. That's it and all you can do is close down litchi. So I believe litchi will no longer work after the RID update on Mavic 2 pro/zoom drones. The only hope is maybe litchi can figure out a work around.

I will be very disappointed if Litchi isn’t available on my “senior” M2P. I will try and test that this afternoon. Ugh…

THANKS, Cafguy!! Dropped outta panic mode and looked at the app.

I also just updated M2P firmware and got the error.

Unable to uninstall Crystal Sky version (or at least I don’t know how), but I got into the iPad on my other controller.

No issues.

Went back to CS and stopped all the DJI processes and rebooted. JOY!

Again, thanks for the hint, Cafguy!

Already had latest software on RC controller. Updated Mavic 2 Pro (01.00.0797), which then required recalibration of vision sensors using Assistant 2 for Mavic, which also required update. Had to uninstall/reinstall, but got it done. Now I have error code 180, which appears to be a developer code. Aircraft will NOT fly, despite saying it is ready to fly. Ideas?
I received the same error after updating the aircraft and the controller. I had to update the DJI app (actually the whole OS) on my Crystal Sky and/or iPhone and then the 180 error went away and I was able to fly normally.

Ok I followed the link to the DJI Go 4 app and yo say install, I click on everything but nothing is installing it just sits on the page showing you selected the DJI Go 4 app but nothing happens...could you shed some light on this. I tried to follow someone's u tube about this but they just show the app like I see but nothing on how to start the install?
Thanks
Sterk03

shed some light
From what I’m reading, this seems to be a mismatch between app version and aircraft firmware version. I just recently repaired an m2 pro that had several problems. Lower main shell replaced, one rear lower motor cover, bad sd card slot and a motor that was not spinning. High pressure air resolved the motor problem, replaced the sd card board. Went to fire it up and got the 180 code. Aircraft was on the current rid firmware. Downgraded to .0790 on the aircraft and code is now gone.
I do run an old app version of 4.3.37.
Probably if I update the aircraft firmware, code will probably return. I will not update the app on this iPad mini. Works fine for what I do. Push comes to shove, I’ll update a different iPad mini which I have available.
Hopefully this may help someone.
Be safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas