DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error Code 180 after updating aircraft for Remote ID

SC_Richard

Reactions
Already had latest software on RC controller. Updated Mavic 2 Pro (01.00.0797), which then required recalibration of vision sensors using Assistant 2 for Mavic, which also required update. Had to uninstall/reinstall, but got it done. Now I have error code 180, which appears to be a developer code. Aircraft will NOT fly, despite saying it is ready to fly. Ideas?

Reactions: Cafguy
If the drone takes off, flies, and films normally using DJI-Go4, yet will NOT take off with Litchi then I would be concerned that DJI is attempting to lock out Litchi for any Mavic 2 Pro owners who would rather skip the new DJI firmware update by using Litchi exclusively. I'll be watching this thread to see how this worrisome anomaly plays out.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
If the drone takes off, flies, and films normally using DJI-Go4, yet will NOT take off with Litchi then I would be concerned that DJI is attempting to lock out Litchi for any Mavic 2 Pro owners who would rather skip the new DJI firmware update by using Litchi exclusively. I'll be watching this thread to see how this worrisome anomaly plays out.

Does using Litchi somehow mean that you don't need the aircraft firmware update to support Remote ID?

Does using Litchi somehow mean that you don't need the aircraft firmware update to support Remote ID?
Currently it doesn't mean that and there is no relation. In the event you do not update your firmware to support the RID requirement, you can still attach a broadcast module.

I sincerely hope and pray this is the case. As a strong advocate of not "fixing" things that work fine already, I liken DJI "updates" promising "performance enhancements" to root canals in that I won't get one unless I absolutely must.

I sincerely hope and pray this is the case. As a strong advocate of not "fixing" things that work fine already, I liken DJI "updates" promising "performance enhancements" to root canals in that I won't get one unless I absolutely must.

You're not alone in that, but I certainly don't share the sentiment.

I very much doubt if using Litchi is going to be a long-term solution to keep from adhering to the remote ID requirements. Litchi is, after all, created with the DJI SDK (at least, is/was with the M2 models, if not anymore for newer models).

As someone said in another thread, any changes to M2 firmware at this juncture in time is probably going to be limited to just the Remote ID requirements. They probably aren't concerned with bug fixes (or the much feared "performance enhancements" conspiracies) in a model this old.

Chris

Had to uninstall/reinstall, but got it done. Now I have error code 180, which appears to be a developer code. Aircraft will NOT fly, despite saying it is ready to fly. Ideas?
Is the Number shown 180 or one of these 180016/ 180030/ 180031.
"18" errors are sensor errors and usually not good ones Restart the drone and see if that clears the error if not Recalibrate -outdoors away from other stuff if that does not clear it then you may have a bad sensor BUT I don't think you do because the error just all of a sudden popped up after the update. If indeed it is a #180 and you say you have found that to be a developer code [I have not found it yet] Then I would simply re-install the firmware.

Not using Litchi

I don't have the Mavic 2 Pro, but did upgrade the firmware for the Mavic 2 Zoom and Litchi works fine. No error codes at all.

Where does the OP mention Litchi? I'm confused.
Good point. The OP didn't mention Litchi at all. The thread has been hijacked somewhat.

Let's stay on topic folks (points to self)

Is the Number shown 180 or one of these 180016/ 180030/ 180031.
"18" errors are sensor errors and usually not good ones Restart the drone and see if that clears the error if not Recalibrate -outdoors away from other stuff if that does not clear it then you may have a bad sensor BUT I don't think you do because the error just all of a sudden popped up after the update. If indeed it is a #180 and you say you have found that to be a developer code [I have not found it yet] Then I would simply re-install the firmware.
FYI: Recalibrating sensors is performed attached to a computer. In this instance, my desktop. It indeed reads, error 180

Reactions: Cafguy
I recieved the same error after upgrading firmware on my mavic 2 pro with rc controller
I contacted dji
They had me reinstall the dji go 4 app through the smart controller.
Errors were gone after that.

Thanks
If you would please let me know what steps you took for the reinstall. My RC controller tells me the Go4 app cannot be uninstalled. I can disable, or force stop, but not uninstall. Thanks.

Using the smart controller lightning browser
Go to the DJI website and locate downloads
Find the go 4 app and install
It will replace any older versions you have
Hope this helps

Thanks
This worked for me as well. GO4 download from DJI and installed ended the “error 180” issue. I have not yet tested litchi

• Love
Reactions: Starz and Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13