DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro RID

"Old" drones are not likely to get inbuilt RID emission via software update, although any drone compatible with Aeroscope (all DJI drones basically) are more than able than emit RID.

It's just a marketing movement, a sort of programmed obsolescence to force everyone to pick the newer drones.

1698751146542.png

1698751163515.png

1698751195147.png

There you can see the Mavic Pro Platinum is rescinded, so that's it. Unless people start to cry on the official DJI forum, those old drones will not come with inbuild RID... which is not that bad.

You can pick the worst RID emitter from the market, stick it to the drone, turn it on, and you are compliant with RID, but your crappy RID emitter is super laggy and don't have enough range or power for anyone to pick the signal... what a pitty 😏

If your drone is RID compliant from factory, that RID emission can be picked from at least 3.5Km as long as there is line of sight with the drone.

DJI has no plans to add RID to the Mavic Pro. You can find more details here:

"Old" drones are not likely to get inbuilt RID emission via software update, although any drone compatible with Aeroscope (all DJI drones basically) are more than able than emit RID.

It's just a marketing movement, a sort of programmed obsolescence to force everyone to pick the newer drones.

View attachment 169745

View attachment 169746

View attachment 169747

There you can see the Mavic Pro Platinum is rescinded, so that's it. Unless people start to cry on the official DJI forum, those old drones will not come with inbuild RID... which is not that bad.

You can pick the worst RID emitter from the market, stick it to the drone, turn it on, and you are compliant with RID, but your crappy RID emitter is super laggy and don't have enough range or power for anyone to pick the signal... what a pitty 😏

If your drone is RID compliant from factory, that RID emission can be picked from at least 3.5Km as long as there is line of sight with the drone.

any suggestions for the worst RID emitter? eventually i will need to get one but from what i understand i have until april of 2024?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas