DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro stuck 75 foot up in a tree!

Should have hired the monkey - 1/2 dozen bananas would have been cheaper

Ain’t this a *****! My Mavic Pro is stuck about 75ft. up in a tree, less than 500ft. From my house. The Altimeter has been giving me false readings. It said I was at 105 feet. That is no more then an 85 foot tree. I was looking for that ( Mod Removed ) for two days until I finally did the smart thing and broke out my little Mavic Air, to do a little aerial recon. Found it right away! NOW WHAT TO DO?!?! Suggestions are definitely welcome.
Try an electric chain saw, be stealthy though... cut the whole tree down.

Find someone else with a drone (like a Phantom 3 or 4, which has the max lifting power), and use a claw like this: CLAW

It was less than 500ft from my house. Got stuck in my neighbors tree. It was nighttime, so no line of sight [emoji51]

Yeah, it finally fell when a few large gusts of wind came thru. That’s after it got throughly rained on. It was stuck up there for at least 4 days.
02e2322f1c784096eebf35110d7ead43.jpg

Here’s what it looked like. The norm...broken gimbal mount, torn ribbon cable(which I’ve replaced twice) still have gimbal overload issues?? Other than that, everything else works after I dried it out for like 4 days.
d6c55ef2c5844950c24d91a1ee69041e.jpg

One thing was strange...the battery was no where to be found. I spent hours looking for it on a couple different occasions[emoji848]

If you have a drone stuck up,in a tree you can try a slingshot with a 1oz sinker and some 550 cord. I was at a Boy Scout camp and one of the Scouts got his rocket stuck up in a tree the ranger came out 1 st shot right over the branch shook it a few times and the rocket came down. I guess practice makes perfect.

If you have a drone stuck up,in a tree you can try a slingshot with a 1oz sinker and some 550 cord. I was at a Boy Scout camp and one of the Scouts got his rocket stuck up in a tree the ranger came out 1 st shot right over the branch shook it a few times and the rocket came down. I guess practice makes perfect.
I used my neighbor's kids toy bow and arrow set to carry monofilament line over a branch into which my Traxxas Alias drone had gotten hung up (about 50 to 60' above ground) - was able to place the line on the first shot and then able to shake the branch with the monofilament line enough to dislodge the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme