DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Tablet

I'm about to grab an iPad mini 4 (wifi only) and a Garmin GLONAS

Works out cheaper than the cellular version of ipad and has/gives better GPS than ios devices.

I currently use iPhone 7 Plus, but it just isn't large enough for me.

Would you share how to integrate the Garmin GLONAS GPS features into a flight scenario?

Yes, you need an internet connection to get maps. My iPad Mini 4 is a WiFi only version, so I have it tethered to my home or if away from home, the Samsung tablet in my pick-up.

So, obviously if you're in an area where there's no cell signal, you have to download map data. I'm new to all this - I assume you open Maps in iPad and there's someway to dl, right?

So, obviously if you're in an area where there's no cell signal, you have to download map data. I'm new to all this - I assume you open Maps in iPad and there's someway to dl, right?
You can cache the maps in DJI GO like this.

Reactions: Dr Dave
Would you share how to integrate the Garmin GLONAS GPS features into a flight scenario?

The GPS unit connects to the iPad via Bluetooth, the GPS data is then available in the DJI Go 4 App, etc

Will advise exactly once received tomorrow.

Last edited:
OK,

I have bought a iPad mini 4 (wifi only) 64gb Refurbished from Apple UK £319
and a Garmin GLO GPS Bluetooth Receiver from HudsonMarine.co.uk £82

Exactly, so when you are on the move, you can set the new home point to your location.

Will also allow for Follow Me mode to work, which doesn't work normally, if you have a wifi only tablet.

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77