DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro vision sensor error

vanpeeman

Reactions
Good morning all, new here, thanks for having me. I have a mavic mini and phantom already, and have just bought a cheap mavic pro. The reason it was cheap is due to a small crash that has torn the flat cable on the gimbal. it still has video feed. I’ve ordered a replacement and will do it myself. The question is, does anyone know if this can also flag up a forward vision hardware fault? I can’t see damage on the sensors themselves so was wondering if it may be related to the flat cable? If not maybe needs new sensors. Any help appreciated. Happy flying

Good morning all, new here, thanks for having me. I have a mavic mini and phantom already, and have just bought a cheap mavic pro. The reason it was cheap is due to a small crash that has torn the flat cable on the gimbal. it still has video feed. I’ve ordered a replacement and will do it myself. The question is, does anyone know if this can also flag up a forward vision hardware fault? I can’t see damage on the sensors themselves so was wondering if it may be related to the flat cable? If not maybe needs new sensors. Any help appreciated. Happy flying

yes the camera and front sensors are linked

Reactions: vanpeeman
That’s great news. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully just a £7 cable to fix the £175 mavic pro!! Will be a happy bunny.

Vanpeeman, the ribbon cable for the gimble only powers and controls the gimble. The camera has a separate cable. The front vision sensors have a ribbon cable each. All these cables connect to a single circuit board.

Best way to check forward vision sensors is to attempt to calibrate them using DJI Assistant. In the bottom left of the screen it shows the image each sensor is seeing. One of my sensors was showing a blurred image and it was being interpreted as an obstacle so drone would brake and not move forward.

Good luck with the repair(s).

Teardown and sensor repair video to see what your getting into. You can clearly see that the camera/gimbal and sensors aren't linked, not sure why people want to give wrong information and give you false hope....anyway...not that hard of a repair. Best of luck. :)

Reactions: Wilbur
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman