DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Vs Mavic Air

shafraz

Reactions
I am about to purchase a DJi Mavic drone but confused with the 2 models between Mavic Pro and Mavic Air.
My main concern is regarding Ocusync in pro and extended WiFi in air. I am not sure how much this effects in terms of flight range. Can somebody enlighten me on this?

I am about to purchase a DJi Mavic drone but confused with the 2 models between Mavic Pro and Mavic Air.
My main concern is regarding Ocusync in pro and extended WiFi in air. I am not sure how much this effects in terms of flight range. Can somebody enlighten me on this?

From my understanding the occusync allows you to fly further than extended WiFi

This was t an issue for me purchasing my air over the pro since I’m new to flying drones and don’t want to go out of line of sight so the range in the air is good enough for me.

If I’m not mistaken the pro has a range of 4miles vs the 2.5 on the air.

Some say the reliability ( fewer signal drops) of the occusync is better but i don’t have any experience with this.

I only have 27mins of flight time under my belt and haven’t taken my air out further than couple hundred feet no more than a quarter mile so take my words sparingly I’m sure someone with more experience will chime in

I'm pretty glad I bought the Pro. Something to keep in mind is, as you become comfortable with flying, you'll want to stray further, and you will be limited with the Air.

If you go to the DJI.com Store, there is a tool to compare, in detail, the features of the various aircraft, side by side.

Reactions: shafraz
Have to agree, the Air is a great starter/intermediate drone, but the Pro does allow you to fly greater distances etc. Really pleased with my purchase.

My concern with the pro is the size of it compared to the air and the rear censor. When do u think pro 2 will be released?

Any idea when will Pro 2 be released as U hear it would be equipped with the rear censor to avoid obstacles and a 3d obstacle avoiding feature

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMvK