DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro vs Peregrine Falcon

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is a rough & dirty edit of footage taken mid last year on an little 12,600km drive through 5 Australian states over 5 weeks.
5 mates, 4 well set up 4WDs, and a lifetime of memories.

This place is Hanging Rock, very remote Western Australia 'Pilbara' region, took a few days of very off road to get in here on an old little used track, that very often just disappeared and required a lot of reacquiring in places.

No sound, just wanted to get the bird of prey footage as best possible from the ~ 12 min flight . . . and it's no cinematic masterpiece !!
Jittery in places where I slowed some scenes down quite a lot to get some vision of the encounter.

As per the description . . .

On our epic Western Australia 4WD trip in June / July 2018.
We were at very remote Hanging Rock in the Pilbara region, checking out this incredible rock feature and an approaching spinifex fire, when a Peregrine Falcon became curious about the Mavic.
(Actually, on viewing the footage later, it appeared to want the rear left arm !!)
On the phone screen it wasn't visible, as it was too small to notice on the device view, it was also VERY fast !!
Once seen by eye, I flew up and away to avoid it.
Parts of the footage are a bit jittery here and there as some scenes were replayed and slowed down to catch more of the birds flight.

Very cool! Glad he didn't get you :D

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
This is a rough & dirty edit of footage taken mid last year on an little 12,600km drive through 5 Australian states over 5 weeks.
5 mates, 4 well set up 4WDs, and a lifetime of memories.

This place is Hanging Rock, very remote Western Australia 'Pilbara' region, took a few days of very off road to get in here on an old little used track, that very often just disappeared and required a lot of reacquiring in places.

No sound, just wanted to get the bird of prey footage as best possible from the ~ 12 min flight . . . and it's no cinematic masterpiece !!
Jittery in places where I slowed some scenes down quite a lot to get some vision of the encounter.

As per the description . . .

On our epic Western Australia 4WD trip in June / July 2018.
We were at very remote Hanging Rock in the Pilbara region, checking out this incredible rock feature and an approaching spinifex fire, when a Peregrine Falcon became curious about the Mavic.
(Actually, on viewing the footage later, it appeared to want the rear left arm !!)
On the phone screen it wasn't visible, as it was too small to notice on the device view, it was also VERY fast !!
Once seen by eye, I flew up and away to avoid it.
Parts of the footage are a bit jittery here and there as some scenes were replayed and slowed down to catch more of the birds flight.

Decent views of the rocks. A part of the world I'd love to visit (I have a brother-in-law in Perth). The birds are of course patrolling andvguarding their territory, thinking your drone is an enemy...

This is why our drones should be armed for self defense! [emoji23]
Just kidding, seriously, birds, particularly birds of prey are very defensive of their home. Best you can do is bright tape & huge eyes on your drone.

Seems like it might have a nest somewhere in that rocky structure.

I think so Ray, as I finally went upwards it circled and made its way down toward them.
Only did one of the area, then moved closer to put the rocks between me and bird (so I could watch it easier), then went above and upwards.

Decent views of the rocks. A part of the world I'd love to visit (I have a brother-in-law in Perth). The birds are of course patrolling andvguarding their territory, thinking your drone is an enemy...

Yeah they came up nice, think I used an ND32 filter.
Do it Joe, all you need is decent remote 4WD setup, Hema 4WD maps or similar showing the old track from Rudall to Christie Crossing, and you're ok with navigation / outback travel etc.

So much to see through there too, be sure to drop by Desert Queen Baths for a look / overnight camp.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks and you're welcome.

This is why our drones should be armed for self defense! [emoji23]
Just kidding, seriously, birds, particularly birds of prey are very defensive of their home. Best you can do is bright tape & huge eyes on your drone.

Like the new Andural Interceptor tech ??

Ha, poor birdies ?

I'm a spray painter, so thinking about maybe sometime doing a nice 2K job on the MP covers and tops of batteries.
We use plastic additives for painting those sorts of materials, so should be ideal.
Maybe a bright metallic or pearlcoat blood red . . . oh heck, they might think it's a juicy steak !! :oops:

Reactions: freightshaker
Eventually the machines will take over! We already have robots building robots, drones & other machines with artificial intelligence, Terminator could become reality.
I think so Ray, as I finally went upwards it circled and made its way down toward them.
Only did one of the area, then moved closer to put the rocks between me and bird (so I could watch it easier), then went above and upwards.

Yeah they came up nice, think I used an ND32 filter.
Do it Joe, all you need is decent remote 4WD setup, Hema 4WD maps or similar showing the old track from Rudall to Christie Crossing, and you're ok with navigation / outback travel etc.

So much to see through there too, be sure to drop by Desert Queen Baths for a look / overnight camp.

Thanks and you're welcome.

Like the new Andural Interceptor tech ??

Ha, poor birdies [emoji6]

I'm a spray painter, so thinking about maybe sometime doing a nice 2K job on the MP covers and tops of batteries.
We use plastic additives for painting those sorts of materials, so should be ideal.
Maybe a bright metallic or pearlcoat blood red . . . oh heck, they might think it's a juicy steak !! :oops:

Eventually the machines will take over! We already have robots building robots, drones & other machines with artificial intelligence, Terminator could become reality.

The Inspire looks suspiciously like the drones in the Terminator movies . . . hmmmmm ?

6045cee6144a2959679e9c9ceb9e8584%40374.jpg
9af3734cfbfe2bdb97fd5effd0d6599e.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S