DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro vs Spark (photo quality)

Reloco

Reactions
Hello. For the purpose of taking pictures only, Is Mavic Pro much better than the Spark in photo quality?

MP Photo Resolution: 4000 x 3000 (12MP)
Spark Photo Resolution: 3968 x 2976

How much better? 30% better photo quality maybe?
Mp got much better Video resolution, but both of them got the same photo resolution.

Thx for answer.

You cannot express photo quality in percentages since there are many factors that make an image look better or worse, with a bit of personal preference on the side.
I'd recommend looking up comparison videos on Youtube or the technical specifications on DJI's website. There are plenty around including those talking about photos. Similar picture megapixels doesn't have to mean anything though. It's all about what's shown within these pixels. :)

Without looking into further details, the Mav is able to take raw pictures, the Spark isn't.
For cameras with the quality we are talking about, you are going to need all the post processing possibilities you can get, so I would always opt for the Mavic for photography purposes. Even more so; the missing of RAW output with the Spark is the biggest reason for me not to buy it in addition to the Mav Pro I already have.

I have the MP and have had the Spark (Sold it). As mentioned above the MP photo quality is leaps-and-bounds better than the spark especially in low light because of the MP's larger aperture.

Thx for your answers, it help me a lot because i want to buy a drone for photography purpose.
Usually, i use photoshop to edit photos wich are in JPEG, at the moment i never edit a photo in RAW.
My question is: is able to edit RAW photo with Photoshop and save as in JPEG?

Thx for your answers, it help me a lot because i want to buy a drone for photography purpose.
Usually, i use photoshop to edit photos wich are in JPEG, at the moment i never edit a photo in RAW.
Yes PhotoShop comes with Adobe Camera Raw to import into Photoshop and be able to convert it back down to a .JPG

Than buy Phantom 4 PRO because it have 1" sensor - because all in all it have almost 4x better IQ - better DR, ISO, mechanical shutter, you can change aperture it is like smartphone vs DSLR ( Mavic PRO, Air and Spark are all in same ballpark - only change PRO vs AIR is F/2.2 vs F/2.8 and that is negligible )

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu