DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro w/new low noise props = Silence is golden!

My reason for quite drone,

Dropbox - buck_hyperlapse_2x_std.mp4

The 2x speed of the video playback is deceiving giving appearance I'm flying down then up then down couple times. Use of zoom causing that but in the end its zeroed out. I very very slowly drop from around 150' to just 27' over his head before he moves off.

Stock MP, yea I'll order platinum props. Tried out the props from my sons and it is a notable difference. Change in "pitch" more so then drop in actual sound level.

Note the down wash of the blades moving the crops around.
Cool Vid, You got really close. The deer knew something was up, but didn't look up...HA.

Cool Vid, You got really close. The deer knew something was up, but didn't look up...HA.

Thanks, yea I couldn't believe he never looked up at it, very still evening very little traffic going by, dead still not even a breeze so I know he had to hear it.

I ran 2 batteries on him that evening lots of video, four bucks total none of them ran off even though a couple of them looked at the drone now and then.

Oh and I think the down wash from the blades caused him to walk away, not sure of course.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Thanks, yea I couldn't believe he never looked up at it, very still evening very little traffic going by, dead still not even a breeze so I know he had to hear it.

I ran 2 batteries on him that evening lots of video, four bucks total none of them ran off even though a couple of them looked at the drone now and then.

Oh and I think the down wash from the blades caused him to walk away, not sure of course.

Should probably check with Fish and Game o see if it's legal. Like "Jack Lighting" a deer at night. Especially if you are a hunter.

I'm NOT saying you did, but check the laws.

Should probably check with Fish and Game o see if it's legal. Like "Jack Lighting" a deer at night. Especially if you are a hunter.

I'm NOT saying you did, but check the laws.

Seasons not open here and I don't intend to get that close every time, testing the waters so to speak see how close I could get.

I had plenty of footage and well before that point with the first battery (I RTH @ 30%), all from distance. Brought it back to swap battery then go back and see just how close was to close!

I usually stay 100 feet up or better so I can watch but not interfere with natural actions, higher with my P4. You can hear that thing 350 feet up 2000 feet away!

And yes illegal to pursue game with electronics of any kind during hunting season. I'm a firm believer in fair chase, I haven't and will not do it any other way.

And yes illegal to pursue game with electronics of any kind during hunting season. I'm a firm believer in fair chase, I haven't and will not do it any other way.

Not just during hunting season though. It's worse (more fines) if out of season. Some of those fish and game guys are pretty gung ho.

Definitely quieter and the sound seems t audacity temp mail origin o be a bit lower in pitch. Not quite so much 2 cycle leaf blower and more 4 cycle.
My wife and I went outside - her looking through her iPad - while I began testing out the new propellers. I had initially kept the original propellers on to do a short test flight. Then I switched them out and put the new low noise propellers on. What a difference. After firing up the drone, I was hard pressed to tell if it was even on the noise level was so low; almost non existent. The flight was also noticeably quieter as it didn't have to gain much height before it was relatively silent to the ear.

Last edited:
My wife and I went outside - her looking through her iPad - while I began testing out the new propellers. I had initially kept the original propellers on to do a short test flight. Then I switched them out and put the new low noise propellers on. What a difference. After firing up the drone, I was hard pressed to tell if it was even on the noise level was so low; almost non existent. The flight was also noticeably quieter as it didn't have to gain much height before it was relatively silent to the ear.
Likely multiple factors involved... ambient noise, frequency, your hearing acuity at a given frequency, etc.
BTW, you realize the the last post before yours is a year old and the props you discuss are not the same design as the ones discussed in the thread.
If you’re happy and have no concerns on the DJI warranty for your drone related to the props, then go for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54