DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Wheels?

mschwind200

Reactions
I'm looking for landing gear for my Mavic. I'm not talking about heigh extension, I was wondering if there was like wheels or a sled that I can attach to the bottom so that when I'm landing on snow it won't sink into it.
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm looking for landing gear for my Mavic. I'm not talking about heigh extension, I was wondering if there was like wheels or a sled that I can attach to the bottom so that when I'm landing on snow or on a long stretch of road or something, the drone can kind of skid a bit.

Thanks
"So the drone can skid a bit"...seriously? I suggest you get a RC plane.

"So the drone can skid a bit"...seriously? I suggest you get a RC plane.
When I'm landing on snow I don't want it to sink into it, I want it to be able to land properly. It's already happened to me, when I landed the snow was soft and it went through it. I saw another guy with a mini sled on the bottom of his Phantom 3 and it didn't sink. And by skidding I didn't mean skidding fast down a road or a hill, I just mean that if wind blows the drone forward when landing, the props won't hit the ground, the drone will slide instead. I live in an incredibly snowy area so what's why I need something like this.

LOL...just be a little cautious they don't seem very stable, though he has sold over 40 of them

I hear ya! Around here its hard to find a solid packed snow area to take-off and land from. I bought a Hoodman 3' Landing Pad, and it works great! Snow, sand, grass, it offers/makes a nice surface to land on; 3 Ft Diameter Drone Launch Pad - HDLP3 in Launch Pad

I use it for all my drones. I like that it keeps the dust from being blown into the quad from the prop-wash in really dusty areas.

I'm looking for landing gear for my Mavic. I'm not talking about heigh extension, I was wondering if there was like wheels or a sled that I can attach to the bottom so that when I'm landing on snow it won't sink into it.
Thanks

Yeah...I would use a collapsible landing pad. That way you don't mess with the Mavic's aerodynamic performance while flying. I've used it when necessary. One second to setup....one second to collapse (okay...maybe two or 3 seconds ;):D).

Call me cheap but this works and it will work in the snow/mud too. I used an old outdoor welcome mat. I flipped it over and added the white tape to the rubber backing. The Mavic hits the mat every time with RTH or a manual landing. The Precision Landing feature is amazing-Always hits within 3-5" of the Home Position.IMG_0634.JPG

That gives me some ideas for a 3D printed project.

Some large flat landing pads that won't sink into the snow.

Only problem is it might be to much wind resistance during flight if they are large enough to be effective!

Got any ideas?

That gives me some ideas for a 3D printed project.

Some large flat landing pads that won't sink into the snow.

Only problem is it might be to much wind resistance during flight if they are large enough to be effective!

Got any ideas?

Something like this?

Reactions: Mavic_Ward
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR