DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro will not connect.

ive said this many times especially if wireless is on 2.4 ghtz,both my mp's kill my wifi in my bedroom
This doesn’t seem to be the case as I’ve now tried connecting in three different outdoor locations.

I spoke to DJI support yesterday. They said if you plug the phone into just the controller and invoke the Go4 app and a Disconnected message with a gray background appears then the interface to the phone, the phone, or the controller is bad. Since I tried multiple cables and phones the tech told me to send in the controller.

I told the tech that this seems to happen a lot, he didn’t have much to say about that.

Anyways wish me luck that they fix the issue.

When I use the RC mode, I start the AC First, then the RC, and finally the DJI Go 4 App. . . everything connects.[/QUOTE You should start the RC first, if the AC is started first it may pick up a rouge signal and do something crazy, the AC is looking for a connection as soon as it's started. The RC should show "Connecting" as you are turning on the AC. My GO 4 app starts automatically, checks for firmware versions and when it's ready says "Go Fly".

Well, DJI diagnosed the issue as a bad controller. I asked the tech support guy if they get a lot of these. No comment.
My guess there is a design or quality issue where the connection is marginal which causes some units not to work and others to be intermittent. They are not likely to recall all units, only fix the ones that are out and out bad.

I only hope they reliably fix this. I can’t afford to loose another drone to a disconnect.

My experience with customer service has been great. No issues with the tech support call, and automated emails keep me apprised of the repair progress.

Try refreshing your IOS firmware, I have this issue before w/ my iPad and recently iPhone 6s Plus.
After refreshing iPad IOS it work, and on the iPhone I just got recently, it fixed the connection issue after I
upgraded the IOS to latest FW released.

Try refreshing your IOS firmware, I have this issue before w/ my iPad and recently iPhone 6s Plus.
After refreshing iPad IOS it work, and on the iPhone I just got recently, it fixed the connection issue after I
upgraded the IOS to latest FW released.

Thanks for the tip. I think this all points to a marginal connection in the design. Currently my iOS is up to date on my phone and iPad. I try and keep current on those.

My wife bought me a Mavic Pro in May for my birthday. Due to business travel I was not able to play with it until June. My problem is the DJI Go app will not connect to the Mavic. The app says “disconnected.”

I was able to connect the DJI Go app to the drone via WiFi by scanning the QR code.

I went over the procedure many times. I took it back to Best Buy thinking it is defective, but they would not let me return the item as it was over 14 days. I wish it was purchased at Costco!

Anyways, I need to get this bird flying as I planned on taking it on vacation in about a month.

I previously owned a Phantom 4 which disconnected and never returned from home. I’m hoping this is not another DJI disaster.

Any ideas on what could be going on? Is it something simple in the set up I may have missed? I tried delinking the RC and drone as well no luck.

If anyone could help me I’m in So Cal.
Reach over and pull out the micro USB and plug it back in , it will fire up the APP and you will get the GO FLY Blue bar.

Thanks for the tip. I think this all points to a marginal connection in the design. Currently my iOS is up to date on my phone and iPad. I try and keep current on those.

Worth a try refreshing, it might fix the issue.
Just give it a try, if it doesn't fix it @ least you've check that 1 off the trouble shooting list.

I have used the SD card that came with it. If the unit is that sensitive to stuff like this I don’t feel good about long term reliability.

At the moment, the unit was diagnosed as a faulty controller. There are so many flakey workarounds for this issue, with no concrete approach. Only DJI knows for sure what is really going on. At least I hope they do.

I was having that problem with my tablet , I then used my phone and all was good, if you have another phone or tablet try that

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82