DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Zoom wth Smart Controller and Maps Made Easy

EnDubJames

Reactions
Hello, I have the app Maps Made Easy for my iPad and have recently purchased a Mavic Pro Zoom. I even went all out and purchased th smart controller with th package. The DJI smart controller runs on Android, unfortunately Maps Made Easy is only for IOS thus far. My question is, can I connect my iPad via the USB port on the smart controller and run the DJI go4 app as well as maps made easy through my iPad. While of course still controlling the aircraft with the smart controller?

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
No luck with that one. I dont believe anything coming out of that port. In only

I have the same problem! Have I just wasted money on the Smart Controller then? Will any mapping program work on the Smart controller? Anyone please help? Thanks.
Depending on the aircraft you have, you might try DJI Pilot app. Pilot app has a basic mapping mission built in.

I have the Mavic Pro 2 Zoom. My Smart Controller doesn't seem to have the DJI Pilot App installed? I tried loading it via Amazon Apps but its not visible as a separate App? The mission mapping won't be suitable I don't think for 3D mapping like DroneDeploy or Pix4D or MapsmadeEasy. These app need to run on the smart controller to make it effective. Open to any ideas though? **** what a waste of a Smart Controller!

Ok thanks for the response. Thanks for the link - Ill try that...

Did you find a workable solution for this? I can't even see the regular controller for purchase on the DJI store. I'm wondering how to get started mapping now that I bought the smart controller combo.

Did you find a workable solution for this? I can't even see the regular controller for purchase on the DJI store. I'm wondering how to get started mapping now that I bought the smart controller combo.
As you can see, this thread is nearly 1 year old ... DJI made no attempts to provide a solution to the problem you have.
Yes, they made an SDK available for the SC, but none of the mapping providers like DroneDeploy or Pix4D made an attempt to port their flight apps to the SC.

DJI, on the other hand, could easily make already existant remote controllers with OcuSync 2 compatible with M2Z, M2P, M2E or M2ED.
(The P4Pv2 and the Cendence (GL900A) are using OcuSync 2)

The only suggestion for you is to look in the classifieds section here or on eBay to find an M2Z RC.

Reactions: Storckphotos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyo