DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro

Matchlock

Reactions
Hi everyone;

Well, my new Mavic Pro just arrived and I have the controller charging just fine. My question is about the cables. Is there supposed to be a cable that connects from the USB Port underneath the controller to my iPad Mini 4? Both of the small (short) cables that came with it in little plastic bags don't look like Lightning cables.

Can someone direct me on this and let me know if there is such a cable that is to come with it.
Thanks

Bud

Is there supposed to be a cable that connects from the USB Port underneath the controller to my iPad Mini 4?
A USB cable does not come in the box. You can connect your own cable if you disconnect the cable on the left side of the remote controller.

Reactions: Matchlock
Just use any lightning cable to USB that you have, preferably get you one that is about 12 inches long, but any will do. You won't even need the short cables that came with it as they do not need to be hooked up if going to the USB port.

I suggest using the bottom port if you want max battery life from both your phone and your controller.

Thank you, and I happen to have right angle 12" cable that should work perfectly.

Thanks again, and I really appreciate all the help. You guys are tops.

Bud

Just use any lightning cable to USB that you have, preferably get you one that is about 12 inches long, but any will do. You won't even need the short cables that came with it as they do not need to be hooked up if going to the USB port.

I suggest using the bottom port if you want max battery life from both your phone and your controller.

Hi DodgeP
Can I ask why you suggest this please? I must be missing something and I'm keen to learn...

Bottom port doesn't charge devices from controller battery right? Although am I right in thinking that Apple devices don't charge from Mavic controller from any port?

I'm curious how using the bottom port helps extend phone battery life...? Is lightning to USB more efficient than lightning to micro USB or something?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Many people have complained about quickly discharged phones and controllers when using the side port including myself, why? I don't know. There is no charging going on in any direction with any of the ports when connected to the controller/mobile device. The difference in battery life when using the bottom port is reportedly remarkably noticeable though.

None of the cables it came with will reach the ipad connection.

I guess I was too late to help. I seamed to respond too fast. Let me know if you are still looking for a cable to link the remote to an iPad mini.

Hi everyone;

Well, my new Mavic Pro just arrived and I have the controller charging just fine. My question is about the cables. Is there supposed to be a cable that connects from the USB Port underneath the controller to my iPad Mini 4? Both of the small (short) cables that came with it in little plastic bags don't look like Lightning cables.

Can someone direct me on this and let me know if there is such a cable that is to come with it.
Thanks

Bud

The lightning cable is already mounted on the remote normally. Check the left side phone clamp.

The lightning cable is already mounted on the remote normally. Check the left side phone clamp.
Unfortunately, that cable is not long enough to reach the Lightning port on an iPad Mini 4. The OP will need to use the bottom USB port.

Many people have complained about quickly discharged phones and controllers when using the side port including myself, why? I don't know. There is no charging going on in any direction with any of the ports when connected to the controller/mobile device. The difference in battery life when using the bottom port is reportedly remarkably noticeable though.
I use a patch cord from the bottom USB port in the controller to connect to the mobile device, which is a tablet. In one case, have an iPad Mini 4. I also have an Android tablet (Nexus7) which I use as a secondary, for a student setup. In both cases, I think the RC is trying to charge the tablet, and shortening the battery time in the RC. I am wondering if there are patch cords with the connections for charger are not present? I like an 8-10 inch cord with a right angle connector to the tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos