DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Propeller Cage

klvru

Reactions
Hi all,

I know the prop cage has been discussed before in the past (did a fair bit of searches) but would like to ask for some feedback/opinion whether would it be wise to use under light wind?

I would be on a boat with island hopping in Indonesia for a week, and plan to hand launch and hand catch while I'm on the move (my partner would be catching it while i pilot the Mavic). I'm expecting minimal to no wind (calm sea) as its sort of like a cove, surrounded by multiple islands.

My concern would be flying at a higher altitude (say 70 to 100m), there would be light wind I presume? is it safe to fly with the cage on? and with sport mode if it can't find the fight under normal load? Other than the reduced flight time.

Background:
So far, we have practice a few hand catching session but its a bit daunting for my partner, let alone when the boat is rocking/moving? We had one close call where it nearly slip out and took off, thus; the idea for having the cage.

The propeller cage was designed to be used indoors when flying in Tripod mode. DJI recommends not using them while flying at speeds higher than 2.6 MPH since an impact could damage the propeller cages. By using them, you'll also decrease your flight time to about 12 minutes (max).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr