Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic props

Turbozx10r

Reaction score
What are the best blades to buy for the mavic to make less noise and might also pick up some speed.

microlinux

Reaction score
You won't gain speed with different props.Speed is governed by the flight controller. The MPP props are arguably quieter, or at least have a less harsh tone, and can be used on the MP.

Don't use non-OEM props, they only lead to disaster.

Tons of posts on this topic, use search.

Fried Eagle

Reaction score
You won't gain speed with different props.Speed is governed by the flight controller. The MPP props are arguably quieter, or at least have a less harsh tone, and can be used on the MP.

Don't use non-OEM props, they only lead to disaster.

Tons of posts on this topic, use search.
Is that all non-OEM props lead to a disaster? Have you actually tried all non-OEM props?

microlinux

Reaction score
Is that all non-OEM props lead to a disaster? Have you actually tried all non-OEM props?
I meant that as figure of speech. You might use a set and get lucky.

I haven't tried them because other people have already taken the risk . . . and there is really no point to using non-OEM props. This topic has been discussed over and over, the risks are well-established, as well as the lack of benefit.

Odom1957

Reaction score
I switched to the platinum props immediately after buying mine. Pitch is lower and sounds less like a swarm of killer bees.

I wouldn't use non OEM props, since I have found no evidence of any being better. In fact, all of the props I have seen reviewed have been not as good as the oem ones.

This is my personal preference and my personal findings. I'm pretty sure someone probably has some prop that is better than the oem for something, but I'll just stick to the oem.

RayOZ

Reaction score
Tried a non-OEM prop once, drone flew erratically. Not doing that again. I am sure there might be some good non-OEM props out there, but I am not risking my $1000 drone to save $10 and find out.

nevernamed

Reaction score
I'm afraid to buy 8331 platinum props online because I'm just not sure which ones will end up being legit in canada (especially from amazon)

Reactions: Odom1957

Canuk

Reaction score
If the props come in a dji box then they are the real deal . Cheap ones don’t come in a dji box .

Canuk

Reaction score
You can also click on the description and then read who makes them . Only real dji parts say dji

Fried Eagle

Reaction score
Of course they do. They are in the drone business. Have you never bought after market parts for your car? Lots cheaper and many times better.

Canuk

Reaction score
I just bought a spare set of props for my pro and it was 28.00 ca for the 4 props . I think that is cheap

Odom1957

Reaction score
The MPP props are only like 20 bucks on the DJI store! I think you can find them on Amazon for less than that! To me, anyone is going to be hard pressed to beat the DJI props at 5 bucks a piece!

nevernamed

Reaction score
If the props come in a dji box then they are the real deal . Cheap ones don’t come in a dji box .
True, but when they're in your hand, probably too late.. Amazon is known for fakes so you do have to be careful.

I see that staples.ca DOES have them available online for order.

Canuk

Reaction score
I just did a search on eBay for props . The first one that popped up I clicked on . When you look at the info it clearly shows unbranded . So these are not dji brand . Very easy to tell .

They look fine until you look at who made them .
I tried a cheap set and one fell off when my drone was just taking off . The locking tabs failed . They all went into the trash. I now have 3 sets of dji props . 2 sets of standard pro and one set of the quiet ones .

Turbozx10r

Reaction score
Are Your quite ones that much of a difference than the standard.

Canuk

Reaction score
The sound they make is a different tone that is not as aggressive .

JamTek

Reaction score
I recently bought my MP and bought MPP props before its maiden flight. I bought a gold tip set and a silver tip set. I have no clue how the stock MP props sound nor do I really want to. The MPP props attract less attention and compared to my Spark its lower pitched. The Spark sounds like a hornets nest compared to the MPP props. The MP props will just be a back up to the backup MPP 2nd set.

DJI Drone Service
All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxyGary