DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic props

Turbozx10r

Reactions
What are the best blades to buy for the mavic to make less noise and might also pick up some speed.

You won't gain speed with different props.Speed is governed by the flight controller. The MPP props are arguably quieter, or at least have a less harsh tone, and can be used on the MP.

Don't use non-OEM props, they only lead to disaster.

Tons of posts on this topic, use search.

You won't gain speed with different props.Speed is governed by the flight controller. The MPP props are arguably quieter, or at least have a less harsh tone, and can be used on the MP.

Don't use non-OEM props, they only lead to disaster.

Tons of posts on this topic, use search.
Is that all non-OEM props lead to a disaster? Have you actually tried all non-OEM props?

Is that all non-OEM props lead to a disaster? Have you actually tried all non-OEM props?

I meant that as figure of speech. You might use a set and get lucky.

I haven't tried them because other people have already taken the risk . . . and there is really no point to using non-OEM props. This topic has been discussed over and over, the risks are well-established, as well as the lack of benefit.

I switched to the platinum props immediately after buying mine. Pitch is lower and sounds less like a swarm of killer bees.

I wouldn't use non OEM props, since I have found no evidence of any being better. In fact, all of the props I have seen reviewed have been not as good as the oem ones.

This is my personal preference and my personal findings. I'm pretty sure someone probably has some prop that is better than the oem for something, but I'll just stick to the oem.

Tried a non-OEM prop once, drone flew erratically. Not doing that again. I am sure there might be some good non-OEM props out there, but I am not risking my $1000 drone to save $10 and find out.

I'm afraid to buy 8331 platinum props online because I'm just not sure which ones will end up being legit in canada (especially from amazon)

Reactions: Odom1957
You can also click on the description and then read who makes them . Only real dji parts say dji

I just bought a spare set of props for my pro and it was 28.00 ca for the 4 props . I think that is cheap

The MPP props are only like 20 bucks on the DJI store! I think you can find them on Amazon for less than that! To me, anyone is going to be hard pressed to beat the DJI props at 5 bucks a piece!

If the props come in a dji box then they are the real deal . Cheap ones don’t come in a dji box .

True, but when they're in your hand, probably too late.. Amazon is known for fakes so you do have to be careful.

I see that staples.ca DOES have them available online for order.

I just did a search on eBay for props . The first one that popped up I clicked on . When you look at the info it clearly shows unbranded . So these are not dji brand . Very easy to tell .
e480f3327acbea9e5b7572e6424b8d94.jpg
f6be33dc42e42dcf5229ff6ee72c856d.jpg

They look fine until you look at who made them .
I tried a cheap set and one fell off when my drone was just taking off . The locking tabs failed . They all went into the trash. I now have 3 sets of dji props . 2 sets of standard pro and one set of the quiet ones .

The sound they make is a different tone that is not as aggressive .

I recently bought my MP and bought MPP props before its maiden flight. I bought a gold tip set and a silver tip set. I have no clue how the stock MP props sound nor do I really want to. The MPP props attract less attention and compared to my Spark its lower pitched. The Spark sounds like a hornets nest compared to the MPP props. The MP props will just be a back up to the backup MPP 2nd set.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_