DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Range Test

Range seems good, I've gotten out two miles with a clear line of transmission. Sad to say that Penetration through trees, and range at low altitude is not quite as I'd hope.

Nearly all of my flying is over water, by the time my Mavic arrives, the water will have likely turned to ice.
I always do all my range test over water or land and under 400ft very safe.
Four phantom 3 advanced I done over 3500km in 250 flight no problems.

HAHAHA!!!! Ok.. A lot of words about LOS... Here is the proper definition....

Line of sight (LoS) is a type of propagation that can transmit and receive data only where transmit and receive stations are in view of each other without any sort of an obstacle between them.

Lets look at it like this, the receiver and the transmitter have to be able to see each other. Not the naked eye. That is different from what is being said from the FAA which states that the drone should not be out of sight.

Just making sure that we are all singing the same song and the beat is the same....

Let's not get nasty now.
You know there will be idiots who will fly out of site right away.

"Hello everyone, my name is The Lightspeed, and my Mavic's name officially is the "SwampDonkey"...."

Thank you!

So I got The SwampDonkey on October 22, 2016 at noon PST. At 6:00pm, on that same day, late in October, I sent the SwampDonkey aloft, and away! I sent her into the pitch black yonder, nearly two miles, and far beyond the LOS.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is, even though I regularly have flown my P4, 4.7 miles one way, and never maintained the LOS, I am said idiot stated above.

I feel better!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavikhan
I wonder if you could test the range by moving the transmitter instead of the mavic? Put the Mavic or Mavis or SwampPoodle or whatever up high and in a flat location. Then someone else with transmitter can drive away in a car/boat/etc. and see how far you get before you lose signal, without worries of a flyaway or legal issues. Might be a good way to test optimal antenna direction also. Just a thought!

Reactions: gtoews
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada