DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Scotland

I'm in Glasgow. Had the bird up Ben A'an on Saturday but the fog was too much and didn't clear for the 2 hours we were up there.

Couple from Strathclyde Park today

DJI_0003.jpg

DJI_0007.jpg

DJI_0009.jpg

DJI_0010%202.jpg

DJI_0011.jpg

DJI_0003.jpg

Inspired from the Strathclyde park pictures, I headed along there this afternoon to have a fly about and try out a few things.

Needless to say it was extremely windy but with the park being really quiet, it gave me the chance to try out sport mode.

With the wind behind me, it maxed out at 20.1m/s. That's 46mph. That is ridiculous.

I'm off up to Rosyth tomorrow for a site visit but checking AIRMAP, it seems to be a no-no flying around there.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
560be9e4d79c7fbef5652de7b754c0e2.jpg

Was just getting interesting, thought you were going to fly to the ancient building on the hillside, and fly inside it.... then it ended.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I do have more footage but I was actually spending more time trying out camera angles and remote positioning. [emoji6]

Will be back up there next Wednesday again so planning to send it down towards the waterfalls at the side and will stitch some footage together with this.

Rosyth tomorrow!

Hi , not too far away from you in killie ! Thought Uav's were all on the east coast

Hi Trev,
Yup just down the road. Busy yesterday, today and tomorrow on the NATS course. Really worthwhile. Even just meeting other drone enthusiasts is educational. You found any good flying sites? Down on the coast here I can get spoiled for choice.

Yeah , lucky you ! I'm desperate to get down to Maidens and overfly the rocks and harbour, same with Dunure ! Will need to wait to get my confidence in the Mavic back though , I had a major malfunction on the second flight which , if had been over the sea would mean I was an EX mavic pilot !!

Dunure is pretty good. It was a bit windy the last time I went down there. Greenan Castle is pretty good for some nice sunrise/sunset shots. Hopefully this weekend will be okay.

What went wrong?

Richie

Hi Richie ,
don't know what happened , but i had everything clear to go , all green with 15 satellites locked in , but as soon as i took off the mavic started drifting left like it was in ATTI mode. I tried to land by pulling left stick down and instead it started to rise and move away! I tried right full back as well but nothing worked. If it hadnt been for a tree then it was gone !! The only thing I can see from the flight logs on the map as you look at it the mavic appears to be pointing to the top right , but it was in fact pointing directly to the left ! I have done an IMU calibration along with the controller and am going to do the compass tomorrow and see how it goes !!
Feeling like an idiot now though , I thought you would be able to buy the Refresh/Care package after you bought it. But apparently it has to be within 48hrs of it arriving. I am now super scared to fly it again.
How was the NATS course and where was it based ? Do you now have your pilots licence?
Where's Greenan Castle ?

Trev

Haven't had any incidents like that. Only occasionally running a compass cal, though I haven't travelled far. Haven't done an IMU cal yet. I wouldn't be too scared flying. The Mavic looks able to take a lot of abuse from some of the vids I've seen.
NATS course is at Prestwick Airport. Been very good. Just wish I could get the Mavic into ATTI mode, as I need to fly on that for practical session. Probably borrowing a Phantom 2 for that. Still to get CAA approval, though after course hopefully a formality.

Greenan Castle is just south of Ayr right on the beach. Nice quiet area too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair