DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Settings - Video/gimbal speed/etc

if you want smooth video movement use Litchi app and program your flight path from your computer at home.
I use al the time now and my videos are incredibly smooth.. there is no way you can achieve that kind of perfect change of direction and camera movement manually.
I also use 4k video 24fps and take screen shots after for the photos i want .. do not bother taking photos while flying.
I also fly at sunset - evening sometimes and then you need to use manual photo settings with iso 100 for minimum grain noise and then speed i set to 5-6 secs. Aperture is not available as option as far as i know.
the magic is incredibly stable as was the phantom 4 which i also have.
i have attached a low resolution photo taken at night so you have an idea.
and this is a video taken with litchi pre-programmed flight path:
What do you use to grab still from video? Can you post sample to show quality please.

i use print screen so as i have a mac i use shift+cmd+4 and select the area i want a screen shot of.. but from the pc you just several options also..
i attached a screen shot from a 4k video

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 09.52.52.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 09.52.52.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 99
It's nice but you cannot zoom anywhere. As it's too soft. Also screen resolution won't be any good to print.
I'm looking for a solution to extract real 4k frame from video.

Last edited:
*edit - sorry, didn't see the don't link to more YouTube video comment originally! I do like Tom's vids and will probably start with his settings then customize from there.

Tom's Tech Time on YouTube might be a good place to start, these two videos specifically:

Last edited:
This is GREAT info - and nearly every setting he shows matches my app - the only thing that my app doesn't show is the AF/MF button on the front of the screen and Peak Focus Threshold - that entire screen has different options than what he shows. But, I am sure it's probably me that has a setting off somewhere.

if you want smooth video movement use Litchi app and program your flight path from your computer at home.
I use al the time now and my videos are incredibly smooth.. there is no way you can achieve that kind of perfect change of direction and camera movement manually.
I also use 4k video 24fps and take screen shots after for the photos i want .. do not bother taking photos while flying.
I also fly at sunset - evening sometimes and then you need to use manual photo settings with iso 100 for minimum grain noise and then speed i set to 5-6 secs. Aperture is not available as option as far as i know.
the magic is incredibly stable as was the phantom 4 which i also have.
i have attached a low resolution photo taken at night so you have an idea.
and this is a video taken with litchi pre-programmed flight path:

What speed MPH did you set for the drone in Litchi? Looks fantastic!

Crash now video jello
Does anyone know how to fix this jello thing. All of my videos look like they are shot underwater. I have enclosed a short video so u get the idea. I repaired the vibration msg warning. Everything is under the plates as it should be. I have been flying successfully since july2017. First crash the other day. I misjudged distance. Fell thru branches at 68ft. Can’t find my video. Anyway..suggestions please. Don’t wanna buy another one.

*edit - sorry, didn't see the don't link to more YouTube video comment originally! I do like Tom's vids and will probably start with his settings then customize from there.

Tom's Tech Time on YouTube might be a good place to start, these two videos specifically:

I was just looking for Tom's Tech suggestions, which I use. I agree that it is a good starting place.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98