DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic & Solar Eclipse

Not gonna use my Mavic to film or take a photo of the sun but capturing the shadow as it happens is what the Mavic should be decent for. Gonna try it today but it might be cloudy today.. Gonna fly regardless.

I didn't use mine either,but I tried! LOL! 30 degrees up pan wouldn't get the sun into the picture,since it was almost directly overhead during the eclipse.I also got a notice for a update! (Thanks,DJI) your timming is perfect!:mad:Eclipse TestDJI_0012.JPG I now get a compass error,so I'm sure it now needs calibration again!:( Turns out the update is for a Spark!o_O Who flying a MP gives a ratt's azz about a Spark!:rolleyes: Enough already, DJI! I'll contact you when my MP is having problems!:rolleyes: Chill out,and take a break!

Last edited:
I didn't use mine either,but I tried! LOL! 30 degrees up pan wouldn't get the sun into the picture,since it was almost directly overhead during the eclipse.I also got a notice for a update! (Thanks,DJI) your timming is perfect!:mad:View attachment 20299 I now get a compass error,so I'm sure it now needs calibration again!:( Turns out the update is for a Spark!o_O Who flying a MP gives a ratt's azz about a Spark!:rolleyes: Enough already, DJI! I'll contact you when my MP is having problems!:rolleyes: Chill out,and take a break!
I tried allowing 30' extra and like you, couldn't capture the sun as it was too high; but I definitely got some footage that I'm pretty happy with and you see the shadow racing across the plains from th top left....

I tried allowing 30' extra and like you, couldn't capture the sun as it was too high; but I definitely got some footage that I'm pretty happy with and you see the shadow racing across the plains from th top left....

Thanks,for Sharing that footage!

Here is my video of the Eclipse shadow, somehow the Mavic got set to 1080p without me realizing it. :-(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle