DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic twitching and making noises whilst powered off?

RAS666

Reactions
I have bought a crash damaged mavic and fixed it (I think) I've had it about 2 months now and recently updated it to the latest firmware .1000 it wouldn't let me install the .900 previously came up with some error and told me to connect the usb cable to the socket in the gimbal and showed a picture od a phantom in the instructions. But anyway the issue I am having now or maybe it's normal but yesterday morning I was awoken to the sound of rodents in my room! After an extensive search I concluded that it was in fact the mavic pro making rattling noises and squeeze rather like when you first power it up. My first thought was that I must have left it powered up but the moment I pressed the button on the battery it stopped and all 4 lights illuminated with the 4th one flashing is this the normal way it discharges the battery when not in use? Also I'm pretty sure I set it to discharge after 10 days and it was only 2 days after I had fully charged it? From now on tho I won't be leaving the battery in the drone when not in use that's for sure.

I should also point out that the battery I am using was not involved in the crash it's a brand new battery with only 5 cycles on it and it's the 1st charge since upgrading to the latest f/w

He's alive !!

Ok.... now serious, could be an update of the battery but never face this.

It is odd I know there's a 90 odd % chance it's my drone that's faulty or I was dreaming it but the noises definitely stopped when I pressed the button and the lower blades had rotated and jammed the drone in the carry case also the battery has lost around 20% in less than 72h. But if it is a firmware issue it could potentially be dangerous especially with airlines and shipping companies insisting on having the battery "in the device"
On a personal note I always disconnect batteries from my rc stuff especially since I had an rc car burn out in the back of my car because I just threw it in the back because I was in a hurry. Luckily the burning was confined to the esc and it desoldered the battery lead before any further damage!

This doesn't look good although the drone appears to function I cannot seem to access any of the flight data records I thought maybe there could be some data when it was half powered up in the box. Also on my list was to recalibrate the vps due to it detecting invisible objects, that also doesn't appear to work in dji assistant just hangs. Hope nothing in the drone is fried

Another update if anyone's gonna bother read this lot things are going from bad to worse after re installing dji go several times and updating drivers and restarting the computer I managed to pull the logs off and it's gonna take some figuring out it joins the whole lot of logs into one file now. To top things off I am no Un able to take off till I provide a Chinese phone number says my uk one is invalid
Screenshot_2017-09-16-00-56-50.png Screenshot_2017-09-16-00-56-34.png

The flight log access issue is well known (search the forum) and was caused by firmware version .1000. Have you tried downgrading to an earlier version? As for GO 4 and the phone number issue, this is the only other reference I could find in the forum: Link (Chinese) phone number to complete registration..?

I would delete GO 4 again and make sure all associated files and directories are removed, then reinstall.

Reactions: RAS666
I suspect DJI activated the secret spy cam function not realising you were in the room.
Or possibly your Mavic is now self aware after a firmware glitch introduced Skynet protocol.

Reactions: RAS666
It was the flight simulator looks a common thing to do with the Chinese number request...
Pulling the flight logs was no use there was no log recorded for that time just the one actual flight after the update and about 2 hours of logs connected to my pc being swriched on and off it appears the problem there is drivers incorrectly labeled. Still no luck on the calibration I'll try a different pc some other time. Just annoying it randomly stops dead when I fly forwards.

Tbh in this day and age I wouldn't be suprised one bit if the drone was a secret spy! I mean what's the chances that It could have extra software in that huge firmware file that does in fact enable it to power up on its own connect to your wifi and be remotely piloted from china or Korea! This could be another reason not to update the fw!

Actually this is pretty funny good range on my mavic since the last update
Screenshot_2017-09-16-13-14-02.png Screenshot_2017-09-16-13-11-44.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31