DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic using the new Samsung Galaxy s10+ wow.

GavieboyDji

Reactions
Just got back from testing the new Samsung Galaxy s10+ with the Go 4 App and the Mavic and the Spark to make sure that it all works well, I have to say the new Samsung Screen Absolutely Wowers Absolutely Stunning. Everything Flies on it Smooth as butter.

Has anyone else tried this new Samsung phones with their Mavics and other Dji Drones??

Reactions: Former Member
I have the s9. I love it. but I also have Ultra bright Crystal sky, too

Reactions: GavieboyDji
I was really thinking about getting the sky monitor still a brilliant piece of kit .
The s10+ is 1200 nits bright.
I would really question this brightness level. I was told my S9+ was 1100 nits, yet in bright, direct sunlight, it was dark, hard to see and far from ideal. Also at the High Brigthness level, it chewed my battery something chronic!

Enter the DJI Smart Controller at 'only' 1000 nits of brightness and it blew my S9+ out of the water. But, it's only for the M2 series at this stage. Otherwise, Crystal Sky I guess. For what it's worth :)

Reactions: crlmjohnson
I have the galaxy note9 and it works superb no app crashes and the screen is super bright.

How about the 8s plus I have that I haven't tried I was told that it had a terrible lag to it.
I have the 8+ and I have had zero issues with the phone while flying my Mavic Air. I have owned the Air for just over a year, and the app has never crashed while in flight and no lag other than normal signal loss from the controller.

Reactions: Rambler22
I would really question this brightness level. I was told my S9+ was 1100 nits, yet in bright, direct sunlight, it was dark, hard to see and far from ideal. Also at the High Brigthness level, it chewed my battery something chronic!

Enter the DJI Smart Controller at 'only' 1000 nits of brightness and it blew my S9+ out of the water. But, it's only for the M2 series at this stage. Otherwise, Crystal Sky I guess. For what it's worth :)

I hear ya. Was trying to understand why, depending on where you look, you'll get ~800 or ~1200 nits for the S10+, when I came across this.
More specifically, the following:
eydendib

So, 1200 nits is peak brightness, not maximum brightness.
Imagine a Samsung display with a maximum brightness of 1200 nits though. That would be crazy.

well___duh

What's the difference? Wouldn't one's peak be the max or highest point?

defet_

Semantically they're the same. The brightness of 1200 nits is only when a few pixels (≤1% of the pixels on the display) are white, and everything else is black/turned off, and when very bright light is being shined on the ambient light sensor. That's not a typical scenario, and is useless as a statistic for the display's brightness. It's just jerking off the DDIC's (display driver) voltage routing and the TFT (transistors) voltage-carrying capability and means nothing practical.
For actual cases when there are more pixels lit up, the peak brightness goes down. Typically, however, for Samsung's recent panels it averages out to about 800 nits (~50% APL, 50% of the display lit up). Peak brightness is lowest when the whole screen is white, and that is what is typically called the full-screen brightness, or the full-image brightness, or brightness at 100% APL, in which Note9 measures 700 nits. Still pretty bright, but the display gamma takes a beating in this high brightness state and rises. The dynamic brightness control gets turned off and there is little gamma control.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan