DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC VIDEOS PLAYBACK PROBLEM

CPU WAY too old and slow, no chance a 7-year old low-end i3 plays 4K. Graphics card is also too old to include a 4K-capable hardware decoder, that only started bing a thing in 2014 or so.

You WILL have to change computer.

CPU WAY too old and slow, no chance a 7-year old low-end i3 plays 4K. Graphics card is also too old to include a 4K-capable hardware decoder, that only started bing a thing in 2014 or so.

You WILL have to change computer.
^Yep... ^That

So many opinions .... I don't know what to do. I really don't want to spend $2000.00 on a new Mac. It's upsetting that Apple did not build these things to be upgraded. Burned again.

Kilrah is correct. I downloaded a short movie to DOWNLOADS and tried to play it. No dice. Herky Jerky crap. I guess the only 2 options are to get a new iMac, or live with the crappy resolution. Darn.

Time to bite the bullet and do as all those with a great working Mac's but, Apple considers them vintage at about 8 years old. I had to drop the cash for a new Mac that has processor that will do 4K. But it's worth it!!

Time to bite the bullet and do as all those with a great working Mac's but, Apple considers them vintage at about 8 years old. I had to drop the cash for a new Mac that has processor that will do 4K. But it's worth it!!
Which one did you purchase? I see on amazon they're still getting $1200 for dinosaurs like my 2010 27".
What year did apple make the iMac 4K capable?

1. OK, so you are saying now that it's my SD card after all. This is the strange part. Did you upload that to YouTube as 4K, because when I viewed it, the max resolution I could select is 1440P. It did play fine, but it wasn't 4K. Could it be my slow Video Card on my Mac that doesn't give me the option to view in 4K?

This card should be OK then, correct?View attachment 10146If so, I'll order it from Amazon.

2. I was trying to find the option to download the video from the SD Card to my movies folder, but I did not see that option. I'll keep looking.

Might be your computer, my vid was indeed uploaded at 4K, and it's showing 4K on YT. My video card is same as yours, but I7 processor. Apparently that's the difference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 3.57.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 3.57.00 PM.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I've had a read of this thread and have a similar issue, but slightly different.
I bought a Mavic last week and it came with a Lexar 16gb micro SD card.
I set the video on the Mavic to 4k.
Now the fun starts.
I took the card out of the drone and put it into an adaptor into an iMac (El Capitan, 12gig memory, 512 video). It auto started Photos and imported the video.
The playback was jerky and unacceptable.
I connected the drone directly to the iMac, Photos loaded and got the message "Unable to load metadata"
Reverted back to the adaptor and got the same message.
Formatted the card.
Took some video on 2720 at 23fps(i think), did the above 2 procedures, same thing happened.
Even got the message .MOV files not recognised.
Tried it once more and it worked.
Go figure.
Sound like the SD card? and if so then why would it be sold with a defective card?
If not the card, then any ideas?

Haven't tried it yet, but tomorrow I'll take a 64gb Verbatim card out of my camera and try that.
Thanks in advance.

Don't import into iTunes, just copy the video files from the card and play with Quicktime.

Also what year, CPU and graphics card model? That's what matters, the specs you gave are mostly irrelevant in this context.

I'm not importing into iTunes. The videos are being imported into Photos.
I forgot to mention that I am also trying playback using Quicktime and I get the problem that QT doesn't recognise the .MOV file. (Sounds impossible I know!)
iMac was bought in about 2013.
Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB
BTW thanks for the quick reply.

Just got my Mavic a few days ago. Finally downloaded my pics and vids. Same issue. Jerky playback, with long pauses where the timer is moving, but the picture doesn't.

I converted the .mov files into .mp4 Problem solved...and space saved. :)

It's not the video that's a problem, it's a slow computer video card that won't play 2.7 let alone 4K. I know because I have that problem too. If I close everything else on my Mac that uses the video card, it will then play the 2.7K

It's not the video that's a problem, it's a slow computer video card that won't play 2.7 let alone 4K. I know because I have that problem too. If I close everything else on my Mac that uses the video card, it will then play the 2.7K

May be related to the actual size of the video file. Too large a file may overload the video card. Going from .mov to .mp4 will reduce the file size by up to two-thirds. I know it sucks. Converting mine to .mp4 takes a long time. At least I found a solution that works for me. I'm a total noob, so every bit of info I can find goes into my file.

May be related to the actual size of the video file. Too large a file may overload the video card. Going from .mov to .mp4 will reduce the file size by up to two-thirds. I know it sucks. Converting mine to .mp4 takes a long time. At least I found a solution that works for me. I'm a total noob, so every bit of info I can find goes into my file.
You don't have to convert the file to MP4. Just set your video settings on the Mavic to MP4 instead of MOV.

Reactions: Scarab69
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d