DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic watercolor video

Brojon

Reactions
I thought I heard they had fixed the "watercolor" issues in video.
Yesterday I took some nice sharp video and noticed the effect in the large blocks of tree leaves - very muddled and - well, they looked like a watercolor!
Is it the codec? Any video modes better than another?

2.7 or 4k .. no other modes are worth the trouble. 24fps or 30fps

Reactions: wayy510
This was the full 4K.

You need to avoid any hint of under-exposing, this is easily overlooked - near sunset for example light levels start to fall quite quickly.
If you want it to be less bright, reduce exposure a bit when editing.
Also in anything less than nice contrasty conditions setting sharpening to +1 is worth trying

Reactions: Brojon
You need to avoid any hint of under-exposing, this is easily overlooked - near sunset for example light levels start to fall quite quickly.
Also in anything less than nice contrasty conditions setting sharpening to +1 is worth trying
The effect reminds me of when JPG quality is set too low - the pixels that aren't that different (low contrast) end up getting short shrift and you get the well known "block" effect.
The sun was still above the horizon so it was low in the sky but the leaves looked well illuminated. I'll see if I can't extract a small clip and post.

I ought to know better but was caught out in my last little video - outward run is crisp as a crisp thing but look at the shady hillside coming back ten minutes later.

+1 sharpening. Ignore any self professed experts that recommend negative sharpening.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000