DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wont start....please help!

Andrewp8173

Reactions
To every pro out there,

Please help. For unknown reason, my mavic wont start. I bought my about 3 yrs ago and practiced only a bit. After I read about licensing requirement, I put them away for about a yr plus now. I did remove the battery. Recently I took it out to practice again but to my surprise it wont start. The controller works Please help!!!

What do you mean won't start. No takeoff, or doesn't even power on?
Did you charge the batteries? They go into "hibernation" after a while where they have to be connected to the charger to wake them up again.

The battery has power, but the mavic doesn't turn on. nothing is moving, like it's dead. I haven't crashed it at all. I probably used them about a dozen times when I first bought it.

Battery has power and lights stay on when you cut it on and the camera doesn’t do it’s dance. ?

What do you mean won't start. No takeoff, or doesn't even power on?
Did you charge the batteries? They go into "hibernation" after a while where they have to be connected to the charger to wake them up again.
The battery has power, but the mavic doesn't turn on. nothing is moving, like it's dead. I haven't crashed it at all. I probably used them about a dozen times when I first bought it. Thanks

Nothing, Just the battery flashing with 1 light...
@Andrewp8173 the battery should have 4 solid lights if it is fully charged ,it sounds like because you havent ,cycled them for so long they may be unable to take on a charge do you have access to a known good battery to try in the drone

I havn’t seen he has even tried to charge the battery. ?‍♂️

I think that what a bunch of us are trying to say is that, after the battery has sat for a while (I think 10 days) it goes into hibernation. To wake it you have to plug it into a power source. Then power on by pressing and releasing and then pressing and holding the power button.

I hope this helps.

I think that what a bunch of us are trying to say is that, after the battery has sat for a while (I think 10 days) it goes into hibernation. To wake it you have to plug it into a power source. Then power on by pressing and releasing and then pressing and holding the power button.

I hope this helps.
Actually it's a lot longer than 10 days to go into hibernation something like 30 days or more, and when in that mode, it won't turn on.

You're thinking of self discharge to about 60% storage charge. It will still operate normally, though not recommended to fly after being in this state.

One LED? For goodness sake, charge it to 100%.

Reactions: Randyscott
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada