DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Yawing Motion Keeps Stopping Issue

Ardy

Reactions
Hi there,

I have a Mavic Pro and this is getting really annoying. Whenever I yaw slowly (don't know if it is only to the right or in both directions. Tell me if I need to test that), the aircraft will suddendly stop and then start again even though I am holding the left stick to the right in the same spot still. This ruins all my shots.

Video of the issue:

It's not the gimbal but the whole aircraft that freezes. At first, I thought this only happened when I was far away with weak signal but it happens even when I am standing right next to it.

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Ardalan G.

Yes, I have already calibrated the controller many times but it still has that issue.

Reactions: Richard X
Are you snapping photos while your yawing that will make the aircraft stop and go like you are describing..

Not sure if it would help as first time see this problem, but could try in settings turn off gimbal follow or gimbal pre amp which moves gimbal to side that drone is yawing to smooth video.
It may be causing drone to stop when it catches up then starts again. Could be fault, worth a look.

So I tested it in tripod mode and with gimbal synchronous yaw flow turned off and same issue.

It is not a recording or gimbal issue. It's the whole aircraft that's stopping.

After checking the flight logs, it shows that there is 16% stick deflection throughout the move even when the Mavic is stopped.

Not the camera, not the gimbal, not the controller.

SOFTWARE.

DJI, PLEASE FIX THIS IN A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

This issue gets worse the further you get.

I'm wondering if the issue is because of Frequency Hopping. When the Mavic changes frequencies, there is a glitch.
I will test with locking the frequency to see if the stopping still happens.

So, after some more testing I can't tell what it's coming from and how to fix it. Turning the transmission to custom mode and selecting a channel didn't help.

DJI Please fix this in a software update!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I know is that the number of occurrences is greater when I am flying farther away.

Not the camera, not the gimbal, not the controller.

Also, it seems to happen when you hold the stick very stable at a certain location. It's not a "not enough stick input" issue because I had it around 30% deflection, it stopped and I LESSENED my stick input and it started yawing again at a slower speed.

Please HELP.

So I contacted DJI and they told me to send the drone in for repair
I don't want to do that.
Is there anything I could do to fix this issue on my own?

It’s like the yaw command from the controller signal is buffering and then catches up. Can’t remember if I continue to hold the stick it will recover the yaw or I have to let up and reapply yaw to the stick.

Chickenskat, you have to let off and re-apply for it to start again or slightly increase/decrease movement to get it to respond.

I feel better that I'm not the only one. Probably, won't help to get a replacement.

Chickenskat, when did you buy your Mavic?

I bought mine February 2nd 2017

It could be the type of SD card ür using... (ï.e. Töö big or too slow write speed)

Chickenskat, you have to let off and re-apply for it to start again or slightly increase/decrease movement to get it to respond.

I feel better that I'm not the only one. Probably, won't help to get a replacement.

Chickenskat, when did you buy your Mavic?

I bought mine February 2nd 2017

I got mine in February also but it fell out of the sky around June. Got a replacement and it did the same yaw pause.

Chickenskat, yes, but the issue is from the controller. (probably)

I'm contemplating whether or not to send the controller in for a replacement.

Does anyone own a Mavic RC from August of 2017 and later who has this issue?

Did either of you guys get a fix - new controller perhaps? I'm seeing this problem

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky