DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse

RexAsh

Reactions
I have been trying out the Hyperlapse on the Mini 4 Pro but have encountered a problem, every time I do a hyperlapse the drone will slowly yaw left or right. This makes a big difference in a hyperlapse when it is sped up and it ruins the video. Something else I noticed is this happens not only when filming a hypelapse but also when I’m just in the hyperlapse video mode. This doesn’t happen In any other video mode. Its also not a wind problem, and I did not touch the sticks during the hyperlapse. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Where you shooting at night? I watched YouTube video where this was happening on night shots...

Where you shooting at night? I watched YouTube video where this was happening on night shots...
Now that I think about it, yes every time I’ve tried it’s been at night or evening. Its still super wired. I wonder if this is a universal problem and somthing that will get fixed in a firmware update.

Have you calibrated the controller? Maybe it is only noticeable using hyperlapse? Fly in sport mode and see if it wants to track a little to the right or the left

Have you calibrated the controller? Maybe it is only noticeable using hyperlapse? Fly in sport mode and see if it wants to track a little to the right or the left
I will try that, I have to wait for a Flyaway Claim though (I crashed into a bridge today).

Timelaps are tricky and I love the topic since is one of my favorite style of shooting, however, you will learn that the built in timelaps or "hyperlaps" are not the best. I normally create my timelaps manually by taking pictures every 1,2,3 seconds, processing every picture in Ligthroom combined with LRTimelaps and them Premiere pro or Davinci Studio. By doing this with this technique, you can even do 8K resolutions timelaps.

By using LRTimelaps and Ligthroom you can remove artefacts, edit the lighting conditions and more. Also with Davinci and Premiere you can improve stabilization and get videos very stable like this ones.
I create sometime ago a video tutorial as well that you can watch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne