DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random yawing during waypoints hyperlapse?

dmcgrew

Reactions
Last night I tried doing two hyperlapses and both had these big yaws to the left and right. No idea what was causing this. I don't think it was wind for 2 reasons.. it wasn't windy and the yaw occurs over several frames. In the first video the last yaw to the right happens through about 12 frames so about 24 seconds total. Right before that yaw to the right there's a bit of a jolt as well, no idea what that was. Anyone else seeing similar issues? Is this common for the Mini 3 or 4? This is my first Mini so not sure if this is common or if there's some kind of issue happening.

Reactions: mavic53
What does the flight log record show? That's where you should find the information. Just upload the .txt file to AirData.

Connect your device and transfer the file using file explore. You need to understand the file folder structure on your device.

Had this issue on my Mavic Air 2, I calibrated the IMU and Compass and it got fixed for some reason.

Did It happen right at the end, or did you trim the video at the point where it happened?

I tried my first hyperlapse with the Mini 4 tonight and noticed the same thing - right at the end. I was pretty sure I didn't touch a joystick, but thinking maybe I bumped it accidentally. But now that you're mentioning it, makes me wonder. This didn't happen with the Mini 3 Pro.

Did It happen right at the end, or did you trim the video at the point where it happened?

I tried my first hyperlapse with the Mini 4 tonight and noticed the same thing - right at the end. I was pretty sure I didn't touch a joystick, but thinking maybe I bumped it accidentally. But now that you're mentioning it, makes me wonder. This didn't happen with the Mini 3 Pro.

No in the 2nd video I actually stopped the hyperlapse as soon as I saw it starting to yaw. It started yawing after only a minute or so into the hyperlapse shot.

Gotcha. My hyperlapse was just hovering too, so that might make a difference since yours was in motion. I'll keep an eye out next time I do a hyperlapse.

Any success to address this problem? I did all kind of calibrations, but still yaw drift. Looks like night is when it happens. I still have m3p, seems to me it is more stable (still yaw drift, but not that much).

I'm getting random YAW too with my Mini 4 Pro mainly at night, course lock or hover. DJI support says is because the Vision sensors are disabled but I also have a M3P and this does NOT YAW randomly at night and will take perfect hyperlapses but the M4P will YAW all over the place. You can see my post on the DJI forum if you look in the Mini 4 Pro "Drifting YAW" I don't know if this is a hardware fault or software which DJI can fix with a firmware update.

It has a magnetic flux compass (my Mini3P also has the Delorean Flux Capacitor mod 😁), and the FC uses this to hold heading. It works quite well in other DJI drones, so for it to tolerate changes in heading without any reason suggests faulty hardware of some sort or a software bug.

If you can find the log file from that flight we could characterize what's going on much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas