DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic zoom braking mid flight

justinca2013

Reactions
Hello thanks for everyone For taking time to read this I just recently acquired a Mavic two pro as well as a zoom I already had and I Purchased my zoom knew a couple months back and got my pro used off of the eBay but it might as well be new it only had 10 flights on it. Anyways my problem is with my resume while I’m flying all of a sudden it will break mid flight and a message will pop up on screen and saying” return joysticks to middle position to resume flight “ I do and fly about another hundred or so feet and it does the same thing. I also noticed that my Mavic pro has better range than my zoom by quite a bit which I always thought it was just because I lived in a high digital noise area but now I’m thinking there could be a hardware issue or somethings does anybody have any ideas or had this happen to them? luckily I do have DJI care refresh on my zoom but it’s never been wrecked or been in any kind of situation where it would need to be replaced so I don’t really want to spend the money to send it in.

... all of a sudden it will break mid flight and a message will pop up on screen and saying” return joysticks to middle position to resume flight “...
Are you flying toward the sun early or late in the day? A low sun will fool the anti-collision sensors into thinking that there is an obstacle in front of it. It is more apparent with the sun reflection while flying over water. If this is your case you can: 1) Turn away from the sun and fly sideways/backwards, or 2) turn off the forward sensors, or 3) toggle into sport mode (which turns off anti-collision sensors).

I agree with the post above, I've had this error on my Mavic 1 Pro flying late in they day as the sun is setting or just after the sun is set in low light. No problem with the drone otherwise.

I'd also make sure its not in "beginner mode" or that the max flight distance is set to a ridiculously low number.

Hey thanks for your replies. That’s kinda what I’ve wrote it off as until today. Completely cloudy and a flight at about noon sun behind the clouds. And when it’s breaking it’s not showing anything on the distance indicators. Normally when I get close to something it will be and controller will vibrate and it will hit the brakes and a little obstacle avoidance message comes up but I’ve never had this message come up that says please return joysticks to Center to continue flight. I should have tried it in sport mode to turn obstacle avoidance off and see but if it’s not a reflection problem what else could it be? I’m just wondering if I should send it back in to be checked out because the fact that the pro gets double the distance shouldn’t matter even though they are two different model controllers. But I’ve read threads on here that says that doesn’t mean anything but it came from a different batch. ?‍♂️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta