DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Zoom | or Phantom with Rylo 360

rstyles

Reactions
I purchased the Rylo 360 camera a while ago and was looking to do some 360 aerials of my house / property. I was thinking of attaching some sort of belly band to the mavic and hang the Rylo from there. I think I'd need something long enough to keep it below the obstacle avoidance (or turn off the down cam). I'm also looking for something that's light but not so light that it would get pulled into the props. Is there anything specifically made for hanging something like this under the drone?

I do have a Phantom 3 that actually might be better suited as I can dangle the Rylo from the legs and not have to worry as much about wrecking the Mavic. My thought is to launch, get to a stable height where I can turn on the Rylo video, ascend to height on one side of the property, do the cross flight at about 150' to the other side, return to launch point, descend to where the camera is resting on the ground and then finally land. Again, my biggest concern is using some hanging device that has zero chance of getting caught in the props. Some sort of rigid T that hangs below the drone and not a string.

Would like to hear ideas from someone who maybe has attempted similar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu