DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Enterprise Lost connection @3km behind mountain. Gone!

SwedMar

Reactions
This Mavic2Enterprise was being flown from an elevated position into a valley. But got caught between a hill/mountain at 3km distance. The pilot says it was set to hoover@lost connection.
First question. Can that setting be verified in the log-file somehow? If it was set to hoover I guess it would have landed when battery got low? Or does it start a different RTH-trigger and goes to homepoint even if Hoover is set for?

Since it was up in the mountains it took about 1.5-2 hours to get to the location after the Flyaway. The controller was on the whole time, and didnt reestablish connection

I have attached a log-file if someone here could give an idea on where to look or have an idea on how to search for it.
Here is also the link to Airdata-flight-log
Thx! / Marten

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-10-01_[09-20-56][1].txt
    721.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
The pilot says it was set to hover@lost connection.
First question. Can that setting be verified in the log-file somehow?
Under the map view of that Phantomhelp there are links to download: KML, GPX, CSV, or Original (txt).

It won't permit me to download the CSV file. It says:
Unable to download CSV (Error #1625)
Please make sure you are logged in, or try again

Normally the downloaded CSV file can be opened in an Excel spreadsheet. Scroll across to column "DL", or search for the column labelled "MC.failSafeAction". That column will tell you whether the signal lost failsafe action is set to Go Home, Hover, or Land.

Reactions: oztx
Under the map view of that Phantomhelp there are links to download: KML, GPX, CSV, or Original (txt).

It won't permit me to download the CSV file. It says:
Unable to download CSV (Error #1625)
Please make sure you are logged in, or try again

Normally the downloaded CSV file can be opened in an Excel spreadsheet. Scroll across to column "DL", or search for the column labelled "MC.failSafeAction". That column will tell you whether the signal lost failsafe action is set to Go Home, Hover, or Land.
Thanks! Downloaded it from Airdata but cant attach it here. I tried to look for that column, but its not in the CSV-file. Also tried to upload to Phantomhelps, but I think it is not possible with Enterprise Mavics for some reason.

Thanks! Downloaded it from Airdata but cant attach it here. I tried to look for that column, but its not in the CSV-file.
Interesting. Perhaps the data column is labelled as something else. Try searching in the data for "Go Home", or "Hover", or "Land".

Also tried to upload to Phantomhelps, but I think it is not possible with Enterprise Mavics for some reason.
My mistake. I see now your original post was using Airdata, not Phantomhelp.

Interesting. Perhaps the data column is labelled as something else. Try searching in the data for "Go Home", or "Hover", or "Land".
Airdata only gives an abbreviated CSV file with 51 columns of data.
The CSV generated by Phantomhelp has 168 columns of data.
The Failsafe Action is one of many parameters that is absent in an Airdata CSV.

Hovering when signal is lost seems like a way to intentionally lose your drone. At least woth RTH it will come back into range where you can take control again or let it come home.

First off, you should always have your defaults set to RTH. Second, if this should happen again, simply move the drone up. Even if lost, it will often follow your commands and move up. Once up higher, you will often regain your connection. Worst case, press RTH button on the controller once and then a second time for a few seconds. You will continuous beeps. After flying up to regain connection, it should Return to home.

First off, you should always have your defaults set to RTH. Second, if this should happen again, simply move the drone up. Even if lost, it will often follow your commands and move up. Once up higher, you will often regain your connection. Worst case, press RTH button on the controller once and then a second time for a few seconds. You will continuous beeps. After flying up to regain connection, it should Return to home.
This will work as long as you still have a good control signal and have lost only the video connection. But if you have no control signal then pushing buttons on the controller will have no effect at all.

Also, if you do happen to regain the control signal at some point along the way, then pressing the RTH button might even cancel whatever return-to-home process is already underway.

As long as your default lost-signal setting is at its default of RTH, turning your controller off entirely will trigger RTH for sure and will prevent you from blindly pushing buttons that may actually cancel an ongoing RTH process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000