DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Pro In the rain forest

netprophet

Reactions
I recently flew my Mavic2 Pro in the rain... (not heavy) and it did not appear to have affected the video or drone... is this advisable?

It was light rain and in a very warm / humid environment, no harm done ( as far as I can tell).. I guess Sea Spray also not good... when I am following the whales.

This is a re-post from a different section to increase chances of responses.

I have no intention of ever flying in the rain but was curious about resistance to moisture in humid environments. I enjoy vacationing in tropical locations (who doesn’t) where the humidity can be high for extended periods. I know that there is a lot of technology in our drones which means circuit boards and sensitive electronics. Also, there are fans that are actively drawing in air to cool the electronics. Does anyone know if the internal electronics and connections are sealed or coated to protect against moisture?

Also, I would be interested in hearing from drone pilots that live in the tropics and if they are having any issues.

Ken

Un
It was light rain and in a very warm / humid environment, no harm done ( as far as I can tell).. I guess Sea Spray also not good... when I am following the whales.
Unfortunately - like with most electronic equipment, the problems that you'll see with the water sitting on the components, won't actually show for a few months - if at all - so it's a "keep your fingers crossed and wait & see!" situation. With a bit of luck, you'll have had very pure water condensing out into the Drone - and hopefully that won't deposit any salts or minerals on the electronic components. Bottom line is that it's never a good idea to get the electronics wet! DJI don't seem to provide a humidity spec' for the Mavic 2 Pro, but I wouldn't spend all that money and send it out in the rain!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972